News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2018, 09:47:47 PM
You will notice that nowhere in that description does the word "Mexico" occur.

:banana:

Do you know what you're doing to my spare time?

When you necrobump a thread, I start reading it.  If it's interesting, I can end up reading the whole thing.  Then that thread links to another, and another, and the next thing I know, I'm reading about an orange eating contest and wondering what the hell kind of forum I've signed up for.

That "no grapefruit" rule is totally bogus.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 14, 2018, 04:19:16 AM

When you necrobump a thread, I start reading it.  If it's interesting, I can end up reading the whole thing.  Then that thread links to another, and another, and the next thing I know, I'm reading about an orange eating contest and wondering what the hell kind of forum I've signed up for.

:lulz: :lulz: welcome to PD, greatest of the remaining ancient time vampires.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

That's okay, I am more bored than is strictly reasonable, but not quite enough time to write stories.
Molon Lube

hooplala

It's funny how one can read old posts by themselves as if they were written by someone else.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Also, it seems I never introduced myself. I may have to remedy that... 13 years later.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

minuspace

Quote from: Hoopla! on September 14, 2018, 05:18:56 PM
It's funny how one can read old posts by themselves as if they were written by someone else.
—Post of the day

Fujikoma

I still live... arguably. Yo.

EDIT: As far as reading your own musings as someone else's, suppose I can understand that, but what we really need is a necromancer to ask Kafka.

Smillsoid

Ah - so this is the right thread? Well, I don't believe any of you - or, indeed, myself.

I am not my sister.

My name is Smillsoid, a genius. I also like Postman Pat.
Daddy or chips? Chaddy!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Smillsoid on September 30, 2018, 09:06:42 PM
Ah - so this is the right thread? Well, I don't believe any of you - or, indeed, myself.

I am not my sister.

My name is Smillsoid, a genius. I also like Postman Pat.

Wrong again.

https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,38065.0.html
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

This is the problem with geniuses.  Even if they're smart as hell, they're still just as dumb as everyone else. 

This is why Doktor Howl prescribes Shut Up™.  Just an ounce of Shut Up™ before you open your stupid face can prevent endless amounts of embarrassment and unsightly rashes.
Molon Lube

Smillsoid

Daddy or chips? Chaddy!

Brother Mythos

I feel your pain.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 03, 2018, 03:25:26 AM

I feel your pain.

The Orange-Eating contest thing ended badly, with one contestant shitting blood in the hospital.

I approve of this sort of thing, but I did not participate and in fact warned people.  Because I knew they wouldn't listen.  Go look.  I totally did.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 03, 2018, 12:47:18 PM
You want a fun link?

What do you really know about Nessies?

This was one of my favorite things on PD ever, and it was the last amazing thing we did before the horrible, never-ending train wreck began.
Molon Lube