News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth Gazpacho

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 12:25:52 AM
Mistake #1.  I did that, and found out the horrible, horrible truth.

What truth is that?
absolutely

Don Coyote

Quote from: Seth Gazpacho on November 29, 2010, 12:41:53 AM
What truth is that?

(*^%&*%$*&^YIHKJBNUKYT^(*I@&TY#KGKU%R@*&^TFUILHW$JET(#YIUHBJHGVCTF$&IE^RO!@#(*J>L$JKMGL$RUJHGT_)*(&*(&$^%@#!$#@!^%$#@$*%*&^)(&UJJNM< JHFYT XEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDUJ

Seth Gazpacho

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 29, 2010, 12:57:00 AM
(*^%&*%$*&^YIHKJBNUKYT^(*I@&TY#KGKU%R@*&^TFUILHW$JET(#YIUHBJHGVCTF$&IE^RO!@#(*J>L$JKMGL$RUJHGT_)*(&*(&$^%@#!$#@!^%$#@$*%*&^)(&UJJNM< JHFYT XEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDXEDUJ
And I was enlightened.
absolutely

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on November 29, 2010, 12:37:15 AM
I like math an physics. <:sad:>

So do I.  Unfortunately, though, unless you have the time & money to pursue a PhD - which I didn't, at the time - you can either teach high school or flip burgers.  Given that I hate people, the former was out of the question.  So I went into the trades, and then eventually mookdom.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 01:06:10 AM
So do I.  Unfortunately, though, unless you have the time & money to pursue a PhD - which I didn't, at the time - you can either teach high school or flip burgers.  Given that I hate people, the former was out of the question.  So I went into the trades, and then eventually mookdom.
Ah, I'm going to hide in education and am going for my phd. After that I will start flipping burgers though, if I'm lucky and Irelands industry doesn't completely collapse.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Seth Gazpacho on November 29, 2010, 12:20:51 AM
My name is Seth.

I suck at introductions.

I live in Tampa.

I want to study Math and Physics.

I like sushi, collages, and prog rock.

Better?

CONTRADICTION!

Telarus

What are your top 5 sushi choices?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Faust on November 29, 2010, 02:03:21 AM
Ah, I'm going to hide in education and am going for my phd. After that I will start flipping burgers though, if I'm lucky and Irelands industry doesn't completely collapse.

Super Mac's or Eddie Rocket's?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Rizzo

Seth Gazpacho

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 29, 2010, 03:32:25 AM
CONTRADICTION!

:lol: Yeah, maybe I should go into Oceanography or Marine Biology.
You know, the only things Florida's education system can get right.  :argh!:

It's pretty bad, but we aren't the worst.
absolutely

Suu

Quote from: Seth Gazpacho on November 29, 2010, 04:09:40 PM
:lol: Yeah, maybe I should go into Oceanography or Marine Biology.
You know, the only things Florida's education system can get right.  :argh!:

It's pretty bad, but we aren't the worst.

I grew up in Tampa...well, da Burg, actually.

I passed AP tests.

I still had art and music in school, which is more than what Rhode Island has.

Go to Florida State or Florida. You'll do fine. Just...don't go to USF, you'll get shot.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Whatever

Univ of Miami isn't a bad school.  Well they gave me a degree, but don't hold that against them!!

Suu

Quote from: Niamh on November 29, 2010, 04:22:23 PM
Univ of Miami isn't a bad school.  Well they gave me a degree, but don't hold that against them!!

Why the HELL did you spend the money to go to a private school in Florida when you can go for FREE to ANY of the big state schools as long as you graduated in the top 10% of your class?

That alone was a serious enough drive for me to get straight A's.

-Suu
Actually graduated from a private school, too...But she did get a year and a half at FSU for free.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Whatever

Quote from: Suu on November 29, 2010, 04:24:49 PM
Why the HELL did you spend the money to go to a private school in Florida when you can go for FREE to ANY of the big state schools as long as you graduated in the top 10% of your class?

That alone was a serious enough drive for me to get straight A's.

-Suu
Actually graduated from a private school, too...But she did get a year and a half at FSU for free.

I went on scholarship and it was school specific, offered by the company I was working for at the time.

I didn't graduate high school in Florida, I moved there after 2 years of college up north, worked for 2 years and finished my degree then.

Suu

Okay, as long as you went on scholarship. That school is NOT cheap. Well, it wasn't cheap 10 years ago, so I can't imagine what it is now. I just remember soooo many kids applying to go there, and the counselors at our school going, "Are you SURE?"