Main Menu

What do the mods do around here?

Started by ~~~~Closed~~~~, August 08, 2004, 12:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

This forum was a steaming pile of shit in '04

E/O/T
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Quote from: BAWHEED on December 05, 2008, 08:45:15 PM
This forum was a steaming pile of shit in '04

E/O/T

LMNO - Date Registered:  August 12, 2004, 12:52:18 PM

:oops:

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Harlequin

After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

Vene

We have mods? :?

Also,
February 23, 2008, 04:52:08 PM

Iason Ouabache

I want to create a pention to ban bumping from our threads.

Something about having to prep ourselfs from time travelers who will use our own threads against us

or

:?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

BADGE OF HONOR

April 08, 2004, 10:02:46 PM

I remember this thread.  It sucked even by 2004 standards.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Faust

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 06, 2008, 03:07:47 AM
I want to create a pention to ban bumping from our threads.

Something about having to prep ourselfs from time travelers who will use our own threads against us

or

:?
bump
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

So in answer to the question, the mods mostly bump old threads as part of an ongoing info-terrorist campaign against ordinary forum members.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on December 06, 2008, 11:26:28 AM
So in answer to the question, the mods mostly bump old threads as part of an ongoing info-terrorist campaign against ordinary forum members.

I compulsively check posting dates after Badger bumped some old ones a month or so back.  So bang up job, mods.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 06, 2008, 01:57:27 PM

I compulsively check posting dates after Badger bumped some old ones a month or so back.  So bang up job, mods.

Yeah but I'm not a mod.

YET
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Faust

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on December 06, 2008, 07:41:00 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 06, 2008, 01:57:27 PM

Yeah but I'm not a mod.

YET
dont smudge the glass ceiling.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

It was bad enough when TTM shat on the glass ceiling....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on December 06, 2008, 09:59:05 AM
April 08, 2004, 10:02:46 PM

I remember this thread.  It sucked even by 2004 standards.

I remember those mods.  They, for the most part, sucked by ANYONE'S standards.

Hugh and Malaul were the worst, of course.  Malaul favored anyone who would flirt with her fat ass (Horab).  If you argued with one of her pets, she'd wait til they got a zinger in, and then close the thread so you couldn't respond.

Hugh caused 80% of the problems, while - at first - pretending to be impartial, via about 200 alt accounts, then eventually went on his "fair is not in the job description" kick, and started shutting down anyone who failed to lick his prostate.

If you missed Hugh's attempt to return (at EB&G), you missed some high-quality laughs.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.