News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

What do the mods do around here?

Started by ~~~~Closed~~~~, August 08, 2004, 12:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaul

acutally it was me that was bitching about metaquotes...
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Evil Mod Malaulwell shit
Hotsuma has left the forums

to whom ever else Ive managed to piss off or offend Im sorry
it wasnt my intention,,,

:oops:

Hotsuma was being an asshole.

Relax.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MedeoPlusPlus

I'm sorry, I just don't see this "decline" that Hotsuma's talking about.

Now, I've only been here since May of last year- a lot of you were here before I showed up. So if any of you old-timers can recall an era when the forums contained anything considerably more than:

-Stupid Word Games (TM)
-Links to funny/interesting websites
-Random fights and arguments between members, often about nothing in particular
-Rants, reviews, and other bitchings
-Fluff
-Quizzes, polls, and getting-to-know-you threads (like "PICS", "Where do you live", etc.)
-Silly one liners or innocuous comments which inexplicably lead to 8-page-long discussions

....then let me know. Otherwise, I still find the forums to be just as entertaining a distraction as they were when I first showed up.
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MedeoI'm sorry, I just don't see this "decline" that Hotsuma's talking about.

Now, I've only been here since May of last year- a lot of you were here before I showed up. So if any of you old-timers can recall an era when the forums contained anything considerably more than:

-Stupid Word Games (TM)
-Fluff
-Quizzes, polls, and getting-to-know-you threads (like "PICS", "Where do you live", etc.)
-Silly one liners or innocuous comments which inexplicably lead to 8-page-long discussions

....then let me know. Otherwise, I still find the forums to be just as entertaining a distraction as they were when I first showed up.

Things are WAY better than they used to be.

Hotsuma is just having a fit of elitist pique.

"Oh, look at me, everybody!  I've been here long enough to remember when things were WAY KEWL!  Aren't I special?"

Pffft.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

SMFabal

Quote from: MedeoI'm sorry, I just don't see this "decline" that Hotsuma's talking about.

-Stupid Word Games (TM)
-Fluff

There used to be a little less fluff, but I think it was mostly because we had fewer members.

To everyone complaining about Mods and/or fluff:  choose one - strict moderators or fluff. you just can't have it both ways. The Mgt removed serveral "dead" treads because they take up space, and the space ain't free. Be glad we still have a place where you can sayt or do almost anything without having the Admin or Mods jump all down your throat. And if you want to have a serious coversation, just have it. Bring up a serious issue, and ignore the inevitable fluff.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

SMFabal

As for me, if I want serious, I go over to the Mirror or Nanowrimo.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

sakredchao

i think mods are a good idea.  someone needs to have a set of keys..  maybe a few people.  and would you trust -me- with them?  
i'm an asshole.  i wouldn't trust me with them.

i think hotsuma's just a grumpy pirate..  but i like him cause of it.  
i don't always agree with everyone here, but i like them, as a general rule..  even chef and the grammar nazi.  it's part of the charm of this demented clubhouse.

if hotsuma's really left for good, peace man, your loss, dig.

there may be a position of 'official stabbinator' open at some point.
submit your applications to the mods.
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Slarti

MedeoPlusPlus

I doubt he actually left.

At best, he'll be back tomorrow acting like normal. At worst, he'll be back tomorrow as a troll. Either way, he's not one to just up and leave. Trust me.
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

Das Raddiche

"The revolution will not be televised"   --Gil Scott Heron

~~~~Closed~~~~

Groucho Marx want's everyone to know, you fell for it.

fluffy

phfffftttttt!!!!!!

(would do something really nasty to hotsuma but has the children to think about)

~~~~Closed~~~~

don't make me tell Danny DeVito where you live.

fluffy

double pphhhffffffffftttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on danny devito