News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Cognitive Dissonance hurts

Started by BabylonHoruv, August 31, 2010, 08:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

I might be using the word inappropriately, since I'm not actually holding two contradictory ideas.  However today I received two pieces of news.  one is that my online girlfriend (yes, go ahead and laugh at me, it may help transform my grief into anger, which I enjoy much more) is breaking up with me.  The other is that my wife's deal (which admittedly I was hoping was going through today) is 99% sure of going through tomorrow.  This catapults us from unemployed broke white trash to upper middle class Hollywood types.

I am not happy or sad, I'm more numb, with occasional bursts of euphoria and misery.  I don't like it at all and am strongly considering a good strong dose of cough syrup to anasthetize me completely.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

AFK

Wait, wait, wait, so you are (or were) having a cyber-affair?  Really? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 31, 2010, 09:00:27 PM

Affair is not the right word for it.  Affair suggests that my wife doesn't know about it.  She does, and really likes the girlfriend.  She's the only person I've been able to talk to about the difficulties that led up to the breakup.  Which feels really weird mind you, but is still better than not having anyone to talk to about it. 

-Dok Howl

Adios

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2010, 09:03:09 PM

Affair is not the right word for it.  Affair suggests that my wife doesn't know about it.  She does, and really likes the girlfriend.  She's the only person I've been able to talk to about the difficulties that led up to the breakup.  Which feels really weird mind you, but is still better than not having anyone to talk to about it. 

Does not compute. Sorry, not judging, just can't quite wrap my head around this.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 31, 2010, 09:19:32 PM

Does not compute. Sorry, not judging, just can't quite wrap my head around this.

No offense taken.  That's how most people react.

-Dok Howl

Faust

Your wife sounds like the more stable and your pair and seems to be your bread winner, my suggestion is trust her judgement on pretty much anything
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

can you tell us more about this kickass hollywood deal?

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cramulus on August 31, 2010, 09:34:54 PM

I'm bound by contract not to mention specific names.  However I can say that my wife is meeting with a major studio (has been for a while) and is meeting with the producer and the financial folks tomorrow morning, for what we are pretty certain is the final contract signing.  She's selling them a trilogy of scripts and expected renumeration for her is in the multiples of millions, that's before residuals and whatnot.  There is an A list director signed on, as well as a few very big name actors.  It's gone through various revisions and changes, seeming like it is a few months away fro about 3 years now, there was a different director signed on earlier, a very respectable one but considerably lower budget and prestige than the current one and the change in directors has been a big part of the delay.

Once she gets her money we are planning to move to the West Coast and she is going to be opening her own independent production company.

-Dok Howl

Chairman Risus

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2010, 10:08:28 PM

I'm bound by contract not to mention specific names.  However I can say that my wife is meeting with a major studio (has been for a while) and is meeting with the producer and the financial folks tomorrow morning, for what we are pretty certain is the final contract signing.  She's selling them a trilogy of scripts and expected renumeration for her is in the multiples of millions, that's before residuals and whatnot.  There is an A list director signed on, as well as a few very big name actors.  It's gone through various revisions and changes, seeming like it is a few months away fro about 3 years now, there was a different director signed on earlier, a very respectable one but considerably lower budget and prestige than the current one and the change in directors has been a big part of the delay.

Once she gets her money we are planning to move to the West Coast and she is going to be opening her own independent production company.

Does this mean PD: The Movie is a go?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Risus on August 31, 2010, 10:52:03 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2010, 10:08:28 PM

Does this mean PD: The Movie is a go?

Possibly.  I've been following that thread a bit.  If Placid Dingo gets the script finished and sends me a copy I can at least promise that I'll do my best to get her to look at it.

Mind you we'll only be doing low budget films, so if the special effects are too expensive we wouldn't be able to.

-Dok Howl

Cramulus

I think the special effects are things like LMNO jerking off a pterodactyl

BIKAAW

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cramulus on August 31, 2010, 11:04:06 PM
I think the special effects are things like LMNO jerking off a pterodactyl

BIKAAW

Which should really be done with as poor of effects as possible, like a jerky 60's B movie, at least in my mind.  So the budget may certainly be possible.  Of the two people being brought in as producers one has a pretty whacky sense of humor and a fondness for Discordianism, so I may be able to get him on board.

-Dok Howl

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Wait, wait, wait, so you are (or were) having a cyber-affair?  Really?  

Affair is not the right word for it.  Affair suggests that my wife doesn't know about it.  She does, and really likes the girlfriend.  She's the only person I've been able to talk to about the difficulties that led up to the breakup.  Which feels really weird mind you, but is still better than not having anyone to talk to about it.  

That's rough man, I don't know what it's like to be in a relationship like that, but I don't think it would change the horrible feeling of getting dumped.

I found that after my divorce that just sitting with my blues and letting it run its course helped me get it over with much quicker.

On the flip side, congratulations on having a soon-to-be rich Sugar Momma.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A