News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

I Can't Write, Part 1

Started by President Television, September 01, 2010, 04:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

It's lonely in here. Sometimes it gets to me. Whenever that happens, I remind myself that being a beastly antisocial subhuman creep is my own choice. I could go out and integrate into society any time I want to. I could even be fairly likable, maybe. But I refuse to compromise my ideals(read: "SELF-INDULGENCE? PETTINESS? UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG"). The world's a shithole, but that doesn't mean I have to go out there and pollute it even more with my insipid brainwaves. It doesn't really make me feel any better, but it's something, I guess.

Except that lately, I'm beginning to think that maybe it isn't enough. After all, is it not imperative to have a good time? If meeting people and having fun with them makes life better, why should I withold them from me, and myself from them? The world may be a shithole, but that's no excuse to cower and hide away. One should strive to make it better. Yeah, I'm discontented. But that is as it should be. It's motivation. If I hate society as it is, why not try to fix it? Why not join this stagnant culture that I hate and make it into something with substance? After all, my misanthropy is truly motivated by love. I love humanity, I really do, but I'm frustrated that it can't take care of itself. I'm frustrated that it puts up with its own bullshit. Why should I suppress that love for any longer? I'm only making things worse by festering in hate. Yeah, I'm sounding like a hippie. So what?

Shoot me if I'm wrong.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

See my second rant in horrorology.

I agree with you 169%.
Molon Lube

President Television

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 01, 2010, 04:28:59 AM
See my second rant in horrorology.

I agree with you 169%.

I just read it. You put it better than me, I think, and I think the reason is exactly what I was talking about in the OP: I need to get out and have Fun. You can write like a motherfucker because you've gone out and done things, and seen things. Meanwhile, I sit in my apartment and masturbate over the corpse of punk rock. It's not enough to be a recluse anymore. It's time to get my shit together and investigate my city. Maybe if I go about it the right way, I can subvert the scene. Start a brand new culture in the remains of the old one. If not, it should be a helluva ride.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Adios

Get your ass in the game. In life you get a uniform, not a ticket. Go tear up some grass.