News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

The Mob, no the Real Mob.

Started by Adios, September 01, 2010, 11:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

We need the Mob back. You remember them, the old guys with Italian accents? The ones who controlled their territories.

They were bad men, I know. They were into crime, yeah, that's what they did. And, yes they even killed people.

But what do we have now? A bunch of wild out of control fragmented gangs with no respect for anything.

The Mob, they had respect. They even gave back to their communities. There was no random killing, if there was killing it was isolated and with a purpose. For instance, if one of these gangs had tried to muscle in on the Old Mob, they wouldn't have made it. There would have been a small private war and then the streets would be back to normal.

In those days if you didn't want to get shot you were just careful who you stood next to. That doesn't work anymore.

Kids and gangs today, they have no respect.

Cramulus

Check out Providence, RI or Yonkers, NY. The mob is still very much entrenched there.

Adios

Quote from: Cramulus on September 01, 2010, 02:57:16 PM
Check out Providence, RI or Yonkers, NY. The mob is still very much entrenched there.

Have any gang problems?

Cramulus

can't speak to RI, but didn't they have a mayor get thrown out for mob connections back in like '02?

there are gangs in yonkers.

The fact that the cops are in bed with the mafia isn't a very well kept secret. The cops there fucking suck.

Cain

The Capaci Massacre, carried out by the Sicilian Mafia against Judge Giovanni Falcone, using a 350kg dynamite bomb.

Adios

Cops have always been in bed with the mob. It started in prohibition when they didn't think it was worth getting shot to shit over somebody having a cocktail. Now it is considered supplemental income.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 01, 2010, 11:09:26 AM
But what do we have now? A bunch of wild out of control fragmented gangs with no respect for anything.

The Mob, they had respect. They even gave back to their communities. There was no random killing, if there was killing it was isolated and with a purpose.

That's not actually how it worked.
Molon Lube

Suu

Providence is controlled by the Mob. Which is why I'm worried about the Hispanic mayoral candidate. He's too awesome and favored a lot...He's going to disappear before the election and then found 3 months later decapitated and buried halfway down the Seekonk River.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

To even be considered to join the Mafia they've reinstated the old rule you have to murder someone.  Usually that's someone the Mafia want murdered regardless, but not always.

Also, the Italian mafia frequently left car bombs on crowded streets in order to whack single targets, usually highly courageous judges who couldn't be bought or intimidated by them.  Salvatore Riina was a psychopath, but it's not like anyone in the Sicilian mafia tried to stop him. 

Adios

Yeah, there were a lot of those instances, and I was using Denver as a model. The Smaldones kept the place clean. After the Smaldones were all killed, Johnny V took over and he was a train wreck. Now it's just all gangs and bullets flying.

Suu

I miss Buddy Cianci. :(

See Also: Plunderdome.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Juana

We supposedly have a small mob. They own the BMW dealership downtown, and I have no idea who they are, if they're actually real (the person who told me that is a bit of a story teller).

But we have the Mexican and Armenian mafias here. The Mexican mafia's busy importing meth (which used to be a cottage industry here, but isn't anymore) and the Armenian one runs the town from behind the scenes. They don't give a shit about the bad part of town, which they ignore totally.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cuddlefish

I agree fully.

Cianci might have been a mobster, but he actually cared about the city, it's image and the people. Providence is supposed to be a city of the arts, yet the new boss has closed down so many artist venues in favor of high-priced apartments that serve as summer homes for non-residents.

Providence is now about the pro-gay agenda, and the pro-gay agenda only (well, that, and removing the poor folk so the rich people don't have to see them when they fly in for a business meeting).

Not that I am anti-gay, by any means. Providence as a city of the arts automatically has a GBLT friendly image. My issue is, as a straight person, I don't like seeing the city advertised soley on the merits of its pro-gay features. There is much more (well, maybe not anymore) reasons for people to live here and vacation here, and for Cicciline to sell the other aspects of this city short becuase he is a gay man is a travesty. Sure, it makes us look good while the rest of the country catches up to meeting the standards set by Mass, RI and other pro-gay states, but what are we going to do to make the city stand out once the rest of the country catches up?

How I miss the mob.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Suu

Ciccilline is a piece of shit. I don't care if he's an Italian gay Jew.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2010, 03:23:58 PM
To even be considered to join the Mafia they've reinstated the old rule you have to murder someone.  Usually that's someone the Mafia want murdered regardless, but not always.

Also, the Italian mafia frequently left car bombs on crowded streets in order to whack single targets, usually highly courageous judges who couldn't be bought or intimidated by them.  Salvatore Riina was a psychopath, but it's not like anyone in the Sicilian mafia tried to stop him. 

I think we just got stuck with the shitty psychopathic mafia, here in Europe. The USA version seems a lot nicer, being all cool and righteous and shit.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.