News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Discordian Derive

Started by Cramulus, September 01, 2010, 05:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpwombat

Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 09, 2010, 08:03:52 PM
Psychogeography and derive are two different things, and I doubt you could come up with a word that would combine them BOTH to Discordianism.

However, in a very real way I think one will lead to the other and vice versa, and both are necessary for Discordianism.

Unitary Urbanism is the name that combines them, from the Situationists which could be seen as pioneers of psychogeography and the derive.  Making up a new name might not be necessary, though I'd suggest something about urban exploration, interpretation and manipulation of the urban atmosphere (via meme bombs and/or other approach).
towards the abolition of work!