News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

CDGASM

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 01, 2010, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: rong on January 07, 2012, 02:22:31 PM
Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on January 06, 2012, 04:09:01 AM
Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on January 05, 2012, 12:43:55 PM
Quote from: rong on January 05, 2012, 11:09:22 AM
Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on January 05, 2012, 06:10:20 AM

Waffle Iron- Stuff from his Chap Hop project, which I like. Is there a specific track in mind, or should we put it to some sort of vote?

Rong- took a listen to one of your songs, I like it (especially where you suddenly fly off into black metal), and will listen to the rest of it when it's not 1 am. Same question posed to Waffle Iron.

a vote is fine with me.  i feel like the song "layin low" might resonate best with the most people, but what do i know?

I'll give that one a listen tonight. If you think that one's the best, we'll go with it.

Rong, that one's perfect!

I'm listening to If You Only Knew right now. I had a thought- maybe we could do some audio scenes, like if it's from a movie with no pictures, with background music and people having a conversation. This particular song strikes me as working with that sort of thing.

ETA: listening to vignette. I had an idea for a different rant that might go well with it. Could I play around with it?

thanks for listening.  feel free to play around with anything as you see fit.  all i ask in return is that anything that "goes public" gets some sort of credit that points back to my reverbnation page.

Most certainly- Also, I figure that the default here is to credit a contributor by their screen name unless otherwise specified.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Got a rough recording of a song here (Just vocals and chords on a clean electric guitar), would like some feedback.

http://soundcloud.com/139thmemeticengineers/train-coming-down-the-line

Lyrics can be found here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,31157.msg1131252.html#msg1131252

I guess the feedback I'm looking for is, should I leave it like this (ie, rerecord it, but just with an acoustic guitar to keep it sounding like a folk type song), or should I include an electric guitar with the acoustic, a bass and some sort of beat? I have more parts for it, but I also don't want to overdo the thing if it would sound better with less. Also, how is the tempo. Should I speed it up? I think it's around 135 bpm as it is.

Don Coyote

I like it the way it is, but I have terrible taste in music and a horrible ear.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 09, 2012, 01:54:56 AM
I like it the way it is, but I have terrible taste in music and a horrible ear.

Ok. Probably what I'll do is that I'll rerecord with all of the tracks and maybe just some basic drum machine beat. From that I can mix down two versions, one with everything, and another with all the tracks muted but the voice and the acoustic, and then compare. But if less is more is more generally liked after that, I'll go with it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Coyote-

Do you have your rants in WAV format? I think that might be the reason why I'm having difficulty uploading them. If you don't it's no big, I can convert what I have.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 09, 2012, 02:31:10 AM
Coyote-

Do you have your rants in WAV format? I think that might be the reason why I'm having difficulty uploading them. If you don't it's no big, I can convert what I have.

Nope. The format I gave them to you is the format that my phone gave me. Sorry.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 09, 2012, 02:46:23 AM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 09, 2012, 02:31:10 AM
Coyote-

Nope. The format I gave them to you is the format that my phone gave me. Sorry.

All good. It will take a little work but not too much.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 09, 2012, 01:42:57 AM
Got a rough recording of a song here (Just vocals and chords on a clean electric guitar), would like some feedback.

Lyrics can be found here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,31157.msg1131252.html#msg1131252

I guess the feedback I'm looking for is, should I leave it like this (ie, rerecord it, but just with an acoustic guitar to keep it sounding like a folk type song), or should I include an electric guitar with the acoustic, a bass and some sort of beat? I have more parts for it, but I also don't want to overdo the thing if it would sound better with less. Also, how is the tempo. Should I speed it up? I think it's around 135 bpm as it is.

I'd keep it like that.It's great as it is, and I don't think it needs anymore.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cramulus

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 07, 2012, 01:54:56 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/77410221/30-Labels-Fixt

Waiting for their help desk to tell me what the fuck, but until then the latest and suckiest. For use with 1" by 2 5/8" address labels (Avery 48160, 5160 and 3M 3700-A)

There will be a total redo of them as due to my repeat manipulations of the base images the text has become harder to read than I would like, as the text stopped being text and is part of the images.

ETA: Turns out my account was deleted despite me being able to log in with my disco FB account.

what the holy fuck??

What happened to your account and how exactly did it get deleted?

Phox

I actually think you might slow it down just a tad. And let's hear it with the acoustic.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on January 09, 2012, 04:18:13 PM

I actually think you might slow it down just a tad. And let's hear it with the acoustic.

Oh, definitely with the acoustic. The battery in the pickup was dead so I had to use electric. I'll try and slow it down to 120 bpm.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cramulus on January 09, 2012, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on January 07, 2012, 01:54:56 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/77410221/30-Labels-Fixt

Waiting for their help desk to tell me what the fuck, but until then the latest and suckiest. For use with 1" by 2 5/8" address labels (Avery 48160, 5160 and 3M 3700-A)

There will be a total redo of them as due to my repeat manipulations of the base images the text has become harder to read than I would like, as the text stopped being text and is part of the images.

ETA: Turns out my account was deleted despite me being able to log in with my disco FB account.

what the holy fuck??

What happened to your account and how exactly did it get deleted?

I don't know man. Luckily all the stuff I had up is backed up on two HDs, but still it makes no sense.

Nephew Twiddleton

Might not make much headway in the next couple of evenings. Im playing the part of guest guitarist for avariels farewell show on saturday so ill be at practice with them and anarchangel might have another recording session thursday. But ill have time to convert and upload coyotes sermons tonight.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ok folks, Coyote's sermons are up.

Nephew Twiddleton

Have some new lyrics to go with  vignette. Will post later. Probably spoken word type stuff.