Main Menu

CDGASM

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 01, 2010, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rong on November 22, 2011, 10:21:16 PM
i record tunes from time to time.  some of them can be heard here

i'd be flattered if they were deemed worth of CDGASM

i'd also appreciate any opinions or feedback as to your opinions of the songs.

This is some not bad shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Thwarted by phone again! Argh. Oh well. Im out of work five hours.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

rong

thanks, i'm working on getting a bunch more songs up there. 
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Phox

Hi again. Told you. 3 posts, then Phox.

Don Coyote

i see the bees got you.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pope Pastor Wolf-Something-Or-Other on November 23, 2011, 02:58:39 AM
i see the bees got you.

That they did.

That was some fine duct tape work genetic engineering to make sure their stingers stayed on.

The gift that keeps on giving.....

Nephew Twiddleton

Hey, guess who's doing shit?

This guy.

Ok, so here is what we have

Coyote- audio files of rants, which I have listened to and have downloaded into a folder for the purpose of this project (great preacher voice btw) Also, motherfucking stickers up the wazz.

Dingo- listened to your two tracks again and have downloaded them. Since this is basically going to be a free CD I don't see a problem with copyright, especially if it's a mashup. Also, Cressing and the Fuzzies (which supercedes my words rant, since yours is better). Is there anything in particular that you would like done with these, or would you like to have them as text files on the CD?

Cramulus- likes the idea and had some suggestions as to overall concept. Would you like to volunteer anything in particular and what format would you like it in? I wouldn't mind using Dead People for President if you don't mind. Any of his music

Telarus- was interested in contributing though in my tiredness I may have missed what it was.

CPD- same

Dalek- had an idea for a video, which I am down with. It was a guy talking interspersed with strange and unrelated imagery. I asked if he wanted to do it, someone else said possibly in Bulgarian with subtitles. Are you down? If not, I think the idea is worth going ahead with, if anyone has any experience with video editing. Though if we end up with a lot of video ideas we may want to branch off into a DVDGASM (which I will also contribute to, once I get a webcam).

Iron Sulfide- came up with the idea of a Mission Impossible type of file. Cool with that too. Is he still around? I haven't seen him in a while.

I Kicked Kennedy- Interested. Do you have anything in particular in mind?

Waffle Iron- Stuff from his Chap Hop project, which I like. Is there a specific track in mind, or should we put it to some sort of vote?

Phox- Has 3 raps in the works. Also, I know you're working on that other song. Would you like that to go on here as well?

Rong- took a listen to one of your songs, I like it (especially where you suddenly fly off into black metal), and will listen to the rest of it when it's not 1 am. Same question posed to Waffle Iron.

LMNO Going Back to Tucson  http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/284942

Twid- How was your day rant, Advertisements rant, Death rant, End of the World rant, and my song from Phox's I hear that train a comin' thread, once I restring the acoustic. I'll have to look back on the rants I mentioned. I just glanced at them to take stock of what I posed for this. I know I was iffy about some of them. I might like someone else to come up with some instrumental tracks as a background to some of them (and maybe for Coyote's rants too) since I would probably fuss over it a lot and end up making it some sort of metal spoken word. I do want to put some rants to stereotypical church preacher music on some sort of cheesy organ or calliope or something for added effect on Coyote's.  And of course, I think it is now necessary to have the sound off bees in the background of something I'm reciting.

I started up a messy looking spreadsheet on my computer to keep track of this. So, I think I mentioned this, but if all of you have PD email addresses, I could transfer it into a google doc so we can all keep track of it. If not, it's cool, I can just keep the spreadsheet on file. If anyone wants to send me a file, send it to twid@principiadiscordia.com and then post in this thread that you sent it so I know to check that account.

And of course, if anyone else wants to jump in, you are more than welcome to.

Don Coyote

Nephew Twiddleton

Well I've been a lazy spagtard for over a year
And I spent all me spare time on whiskey and beer
But now I'm returning with attention go leor
And I'll never be stung by the wild bees no more

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on January 05, 2012, 06:10:20 AM

Waffle Iron- Stuff from his Chap Hop project, which I like. Is there a specific track in mind, or should we put it to some sort of vote?

Pu it to vote. If I can make Jam Masta R get off his lazy arse, I could perhaps make a new song, too.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 05, 2012, 06:44:39 AM

Pu it to vote. If I can make Jam Masta R get off his lazy arse, I could perhaps make a new song, too.

A new song would be cool, but we'll put an existing one to vote as well.

rong

Rong- took a listen to one of your songs, I like it (especially where you suddenly fly off into black metal), and will listen to the rest of it when it's not 1 am. Same question posed to Waffle Iron.

a vote is fine with me.  i feel like the song "layin low" might resonate best with the most people, but what do i know?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Phox

At the moment I am holding off on recording until I get a better mic. However, do you want the new song for this? I'd be happy to put it on there. But which version the original or the cover?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktora Phoxica Junia Decia Bruta on January 05, 2012, 11:52:29 AM
At the moment I am holding off on recording until I get a better mic. However, do you want the new song for this? I'd be happy to put it on there. But which version the original or the cover?

Whichever one comes out better, naturally.  :)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: rong on January 05, 2012, 11:09:22 AM

a vote is fine with me.  i feel like the song "layin low" might resonate best with the most people, but what do i know?

I'll give that one a listen tonight. If you think that one's the best, we'll go with it.