News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

CDGASM

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 01, 2010, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Thoughts?

I can clean up the audio a bit, but it's some spoken word over rong's instrumental.

http://soundcloud.com/139thmemeticengineers/buzzing-vignette-2

Didn't get to the other stuff. Out of state visitors. Worked until 8:45 and then left work at 9:15 due to mandatory lunch break. Guinness. Scotch.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Don Coyote

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 11, 2012, 11:40:32 AM
Thoughts?

I can clean up the audio a bit, but it's some spoken word over rong's instrumental.

Didn't get to the other stuff. Out of state visitors. Worked until 8:45 and then left work at 9:15 due to mandatory lunch break. Guinness. Scotch.

Seriously, bees? :lulz:

I like it, but I have very little idea what is being said.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pope Coyote of the Wolffnords on February 12, 2012, 02:56:06 AM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 11, 2012, 11:40:32 AM
Thoughts?

Seriously, bees? :lulz:

I like it, but I have very little idea what is being said.

I can redo it. My throat's been a little messed up lately.

Don Coyote

Placing ads on the CD? Like 15-30 second blurbs advertising Discordian things and places? Or a public service announcement?

Nephew Twiddleton

Actually i like that a lot. An advertisement for intermittens for example would save disk space that would be otherwise used for an issue of intermittens.

Nephew Twiddleton

At first i was a little reluctant to include blatant discordian references in this but im fine with it at this point. Its kinda the point anyway.

Also- this will take several people to record their voices. But what if we had a track with an okm type rant in it that sounds like an am radio talk show host with other spags calling in?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 10:50:25 PM
At first i was a little reluctant to include blatant discordian references in this but im fine with it at this point. Its kinda the point anyway.

Also- this will take several people to record their voices. But what if we had a track with an okm type rant in it that sounds like an am radio talk show host with other spags calling in?

:eek: BRILLIANT!!!
And have some of the ads be as if a DJ were reading them off as sponsers for some unknown radio station?

Nephew Twiddleton

A discordian talk show host... This might actually have some life outside of cdgasm. But well worry about that later perhaps.

Im really enamored with this idea though.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yes radio ads! Oh man im liking this.

Nephew Twiddleton

Off the top of my head- we could have ads for the chao te ching and life of nobody- with lmnos and charleys permission to do so of course.

Im wondering now if the whole thing should be formatted like a radio show- that way the "host" can give credit for the music pieces verbally.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 11:40:20 PM
Off the top of my head- we could have ads for the chao te ching and life of nobody- with lmnos and charleys permission to do so of course.

Im wondering now if the whole thing should be formatted like a radio show- that way the "host" can give credit for the music pieces verbally.

I love that idea, but we would need to come up with a script for the host.

OR, we could adlib the whole thing by having someone as the host, and having other spags call him asking random questions and such while recording it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Those were the two things i was thinking too. Well have to figure out the other stuff first and have a general idea of how much time well have either way. Then well have to figure out who the host is and whats the most convenient way for him or her to froth at the mouth and listen to and respond to spags. So it will need to be sort of scripted i think.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 11:55:51 PM
Those were the two things i was thinking too. Well have to figure out the other stuff first and have a general idea of how much time well have either way. Then well have to figure out who the host is and whats the most convenient way for him or her to froth at the mouth and listen to and respond to spags. So it will need to be sort of scripted i think.
Very good point.

LMNO

Permission granted.