News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

CDGASM

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 01, 2010, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

PArt one of my Jack of All Forums attempt.

The idea- To create a CD for distribution to the public, much in the same way as PosterGASM or some such.
Some one contributes a track of some sort. It can be Discordian music (perhaps this can link in with MusicGASM, I don't know), or a sermon, rant, a riddle, whatever you can think of. When the CD is done, burn off 5 copies and leave them in random public places or hand them off to someone. Write on the CD the title that we come up with, the instruction to copy and distribute to others, and whatever else you feel like writing on it.

Any suggestions or takers?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

I think that's a great idea

here's what I'd put on it

-all intermittens issues
-a multimedia menace collection
-PDFs of the PD, BIP, other relevant works
-a million retarded graphics

Nephew Twiddleton

I was wondering about the multimedia angle and how it would fare along with audio tracks. Probably would come like an enhanced CD, or maybe we would put it on a DVD for more data space if it got too big.

The one snag with that though is suspicion of computer viruses, though curiosity might override that.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I hereby override that.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Is that my prize for overriding that for you? Let me get my flogger.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Not unless you choose to contribute to the CD.

I think it would be cool to get various rants off the forum and have people read them with theatrical flair and/or evangelistic inflection.

Cramulus

Nephew Twiddleton

Iron Sulfide

I think we've had ideas like this floated here before, as far as distributing CDs. I don't think it was proposed as a Gasm, though.

Quote from: curiosity on September 01, 2010, 07:18:27 PM
I think it would be cool to get various rants off the forum and have people read them with theatrical flair and/or evangelistic inflection.
THIS.

Original authors' voices, where possile  IMO would be Best.

and instead of having pictures and such, we could have audio recordings of someone describing the images. or  :?.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Telarus

Put the text documents in a locked zip/rar file, and "hide" (i.e. make it obvious) the password on the audio tracks somewhere.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 01, 2010, 06:55:32 PM
I was wondering about the multimedia angle and how it would fare along with audio tracks. Probably would come like an enhanced CD, or maybe we would put it on a DVD for more data space if it got too big.

From a technical point of view that will work fine. You can burn audio tracks on a CD as well as binary data on the same disc. If you insert it into a computer you'll see the files (as well as the tracks, probably), and in a CD player it'll just play the audio. Only the very oldest CD player models might not be able to play a mixed data/music CD, but those would be over 20 years old, so don't worry about that.

The one snag with that though is suspicion of computer viruses, though curiosity might override that.

Good point! When you insert a CD into a windows computer, you get this popup window that asks "what do you want to do with this CD? Open it as a folder/play it as audio/etc" as soon as you got that window, it means it would have executed any AUTORUN.INF file in the root folder of the CD (except for the few paranoid that disable this "feature")

Question is, what do we want that AUTORUN file to do? ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Ah, I did this a wile back with all the Intermittens that had been published up to that point, and threw an audio file or two on there.

We'd have to check the desires of the people involved, but maybe The Spider Project?

Placid Dingo

Also; what could be done so that there's a measurable outcome?

How do we know of success?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.