Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 26, 2011, 03:44:24 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 26, 2011, 03:22:05 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 26, 2011, 03:18:28 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 26, 2011, 03:04:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2011, 02:57:41 AM
Someone do this shit in Arabic or Farsi.   :lulz:

Googling Arabic fonts since for whatever reason the ones that came with PP don't do Arabic. But until then I leave you with this.

You are dead to me, Coyote.
]
Oh is that really not even Greek words with Greek letters? I had no idea at all.

Oh, not knowing that you were typing gibberish totally makes me forgive you. Because, you know, if you did it on purpose, I would have to lump you in with those retarded frats that use sigmas as "e"s.  :lulz:

Oh fuck no. That actually the Untrusty sticker with direct character replacement from the Symbols font from MS Powerpoint.

Phox

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 26, 2011, 03:46:48 AM
Oh fuck no. That actually the Untrusty sticker with direct character replacement from the Symbols font from MS Powerpoint.

Okay, I can't tell if you are being serious or not with that. I was being snarky. And yes, I realize that's just the Symbols font. I see people doing stupid shit like that all the time for tattoos and frat posters. It's infuriating.  :lulz:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 26, 2011, 04:02:10 AM

Okay, I can't tell if you are being serious or not with that. I was being snarky. And yes, I realize that's just the Symbols font. I see people doing stupid shit like that all the time for tattoos and frat posters. It's infuriating.  :lulz:

I am always serious, especially when I am not.

Phox

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 26, 2011, 04:05:10 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 26, 2011, 04:02:10 AM

I am always serious, especially when I am not.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Don Coyote

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Coyote's on a goddamn roll!

A rant that could possibly be put into audio for this, maybe with music in the background. Feel free to suggest changes.

Don't look now, but you're surrounded by advertisements. I bet you didn't even notice. That's the whole trick behind it. Everyone is so accustomed to it they really don't notice how many ads are around them at any given time. It's the ultimate subliminal messaging. So ubiquitous, it leads to passive intake of information, a sort of acceptance, and a willingness to buy the product. Life has become an extension of a poorly written TV show, and the commercials and product placements abound. Even spirituality is advertised on public transportation.

You're surrounded by a strange mélange of posters for laundry detergent, the hot new TV show, a Church or a Mosque ready to let you in on the big secret, what pills you should be taking, what soda you should be drinking, a movie with a derivative plot with all the best special effects, what groundbreaking new music is coming out next month, what airline to take after you get molested by the TSA or have your naked image transferred to another room in the airport.

Attractive, underdressed women let you know what kind of beer they want their man to drink. Sometimes they even come to your bar, convince you to buy a shot of some new liqueur and get you to buy the t-shirt. It's always better when the girl in the ad is physically present. They're on your bus, on your TV, in your Church bulletin, they make up the bulk of your favorite magazine, in your inbox, on your computer screen, on your shirt, in your pants, and in your hand. Don't look now, but you're surrounded by advertisements.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Just thought of something else to throw in there somewhere:

I bet you didn't even realize your t-shirt's tag itched or that your collar curled up like bacon until Michael Jordan and friends pointed it out to you. Ads tell you what you need even though you didn't know you needed it.

Don Coyote

I like Blight.

And I blame my Hate and Rage Glands from getting backed up and the Spider Project for my roll.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 26, 2011, 05:17:11 AM
I like Blight.

And I blame my Hate and Rage Glands from getting backed up and the Spider Project for my roll.

It's a good thing. It's goading me to finish a project I barely started.

Don Coyote

Don Coyote

After I get 2 dozen I'll stick them on a label template.

Nephew Twiddleton

Don Coyote

oh shit the 139th is a Public Affairs Detachment  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: in Illinois, but still.