News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Whiskey from diabetics' urine

Started by Juana, September 04, 2010, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

:horrormirth:
Gilpin Family whisky is a new single malt whisky made from the urine of diabetics. Creator James Gilpin doesn't sell the stuff, but rather gives away bottles as a public health statement. From the product page:
QuoteSugar heavy urine excreted by diabetic patients is now being utilized for the fermentation of high-end single malt whisky for export. The Whisky market is growing faster then any other alcoholic beverage worldwide. With a prevalent genetic weakness being exposed in the northern hemisphere leading to a sharp rise in type two diabetes, economists have found a new exportable commodity to exploit and are keen to capitalize on this resource quickly.

Large amounts of sugar are excreted on a daily basis by type-two diabetic patients especially amongst the upper end of our aging population. As a result of this diabetic patients toilets often have unusual scale build up in the basin due and rapid mould growths as the sugar put into the system acts as nutrients for mould and bacteria growth. Is it plausible to suggest that we start utilizing our water purification systems in order to harvest the biological resources that our elderly already process in abundance?
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/04/whiskey-from-diabeti.html
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Telarus

:lulz: Yeah, I posted that in my

"Things that make you go... :cramstipated:" Thread.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cramulus

holy living fuck do you see what these spags are up to? Diabetics transmit their disgusting disease to us by making us drink their disgusting urine in the form of delicious whiskey. From now on, stop drinking whiskey.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cramulus on September 07, 2010, 02:59:06 AM
holy living fuck do you see what these spags are up to? Diabetics transmit their disgusting disease to us by making us drink their disgusting urine in the form of delicious whiskey. From now on, stop drinking whiskey.

No.

Cramulus

I don't think you take the diabetic threat seriously enough.

Look at it this way - you wouldn't have unprotected sex with somebody that has HIV, right? No matter how hot they are?

now you can't drink whiskey, no matter how delicious it is. Diabetes is too grim of a fate to risk on a shot.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cramulus on September 07, 2010, 03:11:44 PM

Look at it this way - you wouldn't have unprotected sex with somebody that has HIV, right? No matter how hot they are?

now you can't drink whiskey, no matter how delicious it is. Diabetes is too grim of a fate to risk on a shot.

I know, I've seen your youtube. I don't want to be a crazy person who shoots up all the time in front of kids. I'll stick with non-urinal whiskey.

ETA: Consider it having sex with someone without HIV

MMIX

Quote from: Cramulus on September 07, 2010, 03:11:44 PM

Yeah, my aunty died of diabetes! Just sayin' . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on September 07, 2010, 02:59:06 AM

It's okay.  I only drink bottom-shelf rotgut, so I'm safe.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

It occurs to me that this is just another part of Transmet coming true.
Molon Lube

Richter

Sounds safe.  It's pretty much certain to be mostly non urine, since that much processing pre-distillation would drive up the cost.  

When they engineer massive obese brainless perpetually diabetic meatsacks with huge kidneys and cistern sized bladders to facilitate the production of piss whisky, maybe.  For the moment though, the restrictions of capturing and harvesting from Wal - mart scooter people and oversized soccer moms in distilleries on rusting offshore oil rigs keeps this true Pee hooch a specialized and rare product.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Johnny

Remember kids! Urine might be sterile, but it aint good for yar kidneys.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Jenne

Ugh.  There is a REASON why your body gets rid of it, just saying.  Why PUT IT BACK IN?

*spits*  No way.

Nephew Twiddleton

Kinda puts a new spin on the phrase getting pissed drunk or being a pisshead.