News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

WHERE THE HELL IS THE FOOTBALL THREAD?

Started by Adios, September 05, 2010, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

So, another year of saying there's always next year for us Chiefs fans.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Whats with this dumb new rule about signaling the ref before the snap?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Adios

K-State Starts Season With 31-22 Win Against UCLA
:whack:

Adios

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 05, 2010, 10:03:18 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 05, 2010, 09:59:19 PM

Huh?

I thought you were talking about the NFL for a second, sorry.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Adios

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 05, 2010, 10:23:50 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 05, 2010, 10:03:18 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 05, 2010, 09:59:19 PM

Huh?

I thought you were talking about the NFL for a second, sorry.

Talking about both, but I hadn't heard about this rule.

Thurnez Isa

Usually the football thread happens the week the season begins. Exhibition sucks.

My predictions...
as for the teams I like
Pittsburgh will get anywhere from 7 to 9 wins, possibly squeaking out a wildcard, but probably not
Dallas will suck, almost be competitive after some of their injured players get back, then suck again 5 to 7 wins

and the teams I kind of like
Baltimore will be good this year and have an fairly easy schedule. I predict 10, possibly 11 wins if my Steelers fall apart :-(
Seattle 6 wins
New Orleans will be good again this year, though wont repeat last year. I predict 12 wins

Rest of the league I don't care about.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Right now I don't see a powerhouse either. I usually wait until after preseason to even try to guess though. Once the rosters are set.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

WHERES THE PD FANTASY LEAGUE THIS YEAR YOU SPAGS!!!! AFRAID I'LL KICK YOUR ASS AGAIN!!??

Adios

East Coast Hustle

hell, I'll go through the list team-by-team so you guys can have plenty of reasons to call me an idiot at the end of the season.

(in predicted order of finish)

AFC East

New England: Defense is shaky at best, but Brady looks like he's finally fully recovered from his knee surgery and Moss is the 2nd best WR who ever played football IMO. You can afford to give up 24 points a game if you know you're going to score 30.

New Jersey Jets: Overrated. Probably a wild-card team, but talk of a super bowl run is silly. Sick D, good running backs (LDT will show us he's not washed-up this year), but can Sanchez be more than a decent game-manager, and if so, can any of his receivers actually catch the ball?

Miami: I like Chad Henne, but I'm not sure if Brandon Marshall is a plus for his freakish athletic ability or a minus for being a potential clubhouse cancer. Also not sure about the D. Could be a wild-card team, could win 6 games.

Buffalo/Toronto: Man, I feel so sorry for Bills fans.

AFC North

Baltimore: If I've got to pick the AFC representative in the super bowl, this is my pick. Flacco is going to reach the Brees/Rodgers/Rivers/Rothlisberger level this year (that's half a level below the Manning/Brady level), especially with Anquan Boldin to throw to. If you've got either of those guys or Ray Rice on your fantasy team, you're stoked (yes, I have Boldin). For the first time in recent memory, the defense will be the question mark for this team but as long as the D is adequate the Ravens look like the class of the AFC.

Cincinnati: It's not so much that the Bengals are the 2nd best team in this division as that they're the 3rd worst team in this division.

Pittsburgh: I hate these guys alot, so I'm glad they're only going to be 8-8 at best this year. Troy Polamalu's hair will make the Pro Bowl again, though. Roethlisberger is an elite QB, but who is he throwing to and/or handing off to?

Cleveland: Man, I feel really bad for Browns fans. If there's a bright spot at all for this team it's that at least this year people won't stop watching the game as soon as the Cavs tip off.

AFC South

Indianapolis: Duh. When you have the best QB in the league, you should win your division. Defense looks solid too. Looks like the 2nd best team in the AFC after Baltimore.

Houston: I think this is the year they finally get over the hump and make the playoffs, provided their key players stay healthy. The offense should light it up and the D looks good against the run. Do they have a secondary?

Tennessee: Chris Johnson might singlehandedly win you your fantasy league, but he's not going to singlehandedly win alot of games for the Titans.

Jacksonville: Everyone knows they're not going to be good, but they're going to be worse than everyone thinks. It's not their fault, it's God's wrath at having an NFL team in a 3rd-rate backwater of a city.

AFC West

San Diego: They could probably go 9-7 and win this division, which seems quite likely to actually be the case. A mediocre team in the conference's weakest division.

Kansas City: I actually like this team as a sleeper. I think they probably finish with between 7 and 9 wins, but that could be enough if SD falters and if everything goes right for them, 10-6 isn't out of the question. If they had an actual NFL QB they'd be a legitimate threat to make a deep playoff run.

Oakland: Jason Campbell is a huge upgrade at QB over a fat codeine-addicted idiot. That has to be worth 3 extra wins by itself, and in this division 6-10 is probably good enough to stay out of the cellar.

Denver: Kyle Orton is underrated as a QB. He will continue to be so given that he has absolutely nobody to throw the ball to. Unfortunately for him, what this means is that the Tim Tebow era starts in Denver once the Broncos are eliminated from the playoff hunt. This should happen by the middle of the season.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

I fear you over estimate the chiefs. They are still rebuilding and will never be able to replace Gonzalez. Also a real quarterback would do wonders. I look at 4 - 5 wins max and yet another coaching change.

edit; Also an offensive line capable of pass blocking would be nice.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 06, 2010, 12:25:48 AM

Tennessee: Chris Johnson might singlehandedly win you your fantasy league, but he's not going to singlehandedly win alot of games for the Titans.

I somehow managed to get both Chris Johnson and Drew Brees on my fantasy team. I didn't have the first overall pick either. Yahoo's public leagues produce weird results.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘