News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

WHERE THE HELL IS THE FOOTBALL THREAD?

Started by Adios, September 05, 2010, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 06, 2010, 01:54:21 AM
I fear you over estimate the chiefs. They are still rebuilding and will never be able to replace Gonzalez. Also a real quarterback would do wonders. I look at 4 - 5 wins max and yet another coaching change.

edit; Also an offensive line capable of pass blocking would be nice.

remember, though, that they get 4 games combined against Oakland and Denver. All they have to do is go 4-8 in the rest of their schedule to be 8-8.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 06, 2010, 06:07:26 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 06, 2010, 01:54:21 AM
I fear you over estimate the chiefs. They are still rebuilding and will never be able to replace Gonzalez. Also a real quarterback would do wonders. I look at 4 - 5 wins max and yet another coaching change.

edit; Also an offensive line capable of pass blocking would be nice.

remember, though, that they get 4 games combined against Oakland and Denver. All they have to do is go 4-8 in the rest of their schedule to be 8-8.

I keep forgetting Denver died.

East Coast Hustle

NFC East

Dallas: Yeah, they sucked in preseason. Preseason doesn't mean much. This offense is going to score ALOT of points. There are 3 teams capable of challenging the Saints for the NFC championship, and this is one of them. Deep playoff run looks almost certain, and if you're looking for a good place to lay your money on a superbowl dark horse, this is that place.

New Jersey Giants: I figure these guys are a playoff team, but not capable of beating any of the other playoff teams in the conference. That could change if one of their RBs shows any sign of being better than mediocre.

Washington: Hard to say whether the 'Skins or Giants are the next-best team in this division. I think they're nearly equals, but I trust Eli Manning when the pressure's on more than I trust Puker McNabb. Hoping for a rebound year from Portis because he's on my fantasy team, but the reality is that that's probably a fantasy in and of itself. 8-8 seems likely, but if either team ahead of them falters and McNabb shakes off his history of playing poorly under pressure a wild-card is possible.

Philadelphia: Eagles players should probably wear screens on the facemasks of their helmets to protect their faces from all the projectiles that Philly fans will be hurling at them this season. Too many changes and new faces to be a serious contender this year.

NFC North

Green Bay: The 2nd team capable of challenging the Saints for the NFC crown, and I'm not just saying that because I have Aaron Rodgers AND Greg Jennings on my fantasy team (srsly though, HOW did the guys in my league let that happen? especially in a PPR league where QB touchdowns are worth 6 instead of 4...). These guys are gonna score on everyone, and they have a very solid defense as well. 12 wins seems likely, 13 or 14 isn't out of the question.

Minnesota: Will challenge GB for the division as long as Favre stays healthy and plays like he did last year AND Adrian Peterson stays healthy all year AND Percy Harvin's migraine problems don't come back AND nobody on the defensive line gets hurt. That's too many "ands" for my liking, so I figure 10 wins and a wild-card is more realistic. If everything goes right for them, they'll be the 3rd team that could challenge the Saints in the NFC.

Detroit: This is the year they climb out of the cellar. Matthew Stafford looks like the real deal and so do Jahvid Best, which will take some pressure off of the receivers. 6 wins seems likely, and 8-8 is not out of reach for this team.

Chicago: If I were a captain in a backyard game of touch football, I still wouldn't pick Crybaby Cutler to be my QB. And even if he didn't suck, he still doesn't have anyone to throw to. If you drafted Matt Forte on your fantasy team, trade him now while his value is as high as it's going to get because everybody is gonna stack 8 in the box against Da Bears. 6 wins tops, 3 or 4 seems more realistic.

NFC South

New Orleans: By all appearances, the Saints are even BETTER than they were last year, and seem likely to be the first team to repeat as Super Bowl champions since the early 90's Cowboys. hard to find any weak spot on this team, though defensive depth could be a concern if there are a string of injuries. 13-14 wins seems likely, 10 will still be enough to win a weak division.

Atlanta: the operative word for the Falcons is "mediocre", because that's what they are at every position besides QB, RB, and WR. Matt Ryan is an above-average (though not elite) QB who has an elite RB to hand off to in Michael Turner and an elite WR to throw to in Roddy White, provided that Ryan can stay off his back and White can get open when all the safeties are keying on him in double-coverage.

Carolina: The only reason this likely 5-11 team won't finish last in the division is because...

Tampa Bay: ...these guys are even worse. Pencil them in for 3-13, which will still be an improvement over last year.

NFC West

San Francisco: Once again, 9-7 will be good enough to win the weakest division in the NFL, and SF seems most likely to be the team to reach that mark. They have a decent defense, and a mediocre offense with one of the best RBs in the NFL in Frank Gore. That should be enough to make them slightly better than the other mediocre teams in the division.

Seattle: 8-8 seems like the best this team can expect this year, and 6 or 7 wins seems more likely. With almost no chance of making the playoffs, though, you have to wonder if Pete Carrol will use this year to evaluate his young players and hope for a 3 or 4 win season and the chance to draft Jake Locker in next year's draft. Not that I've sent 3 dozen emails to that effect to the Seahawks' office or anything.

Arizona: They'd win the division if they had a QB who wouldn't be a 3rd stringer on any other team in the NFL, but that's what they have so having a good defense and the 2nd best receiver in football won't do them a lick of good.

St. Louis: I think Sam Bradford is the real deal, but he's going to need a year of seasoning before he's ready to turn this team into a contender, especially with Donnie Avery out. Expect Stephen Jackson to get ALOT of work this season, hopefully (for the Rams AND for the guy who took him in the 1st round of his fantasy draft) he stays healthy all year. If Bradford fins someone to throw to, they could win 5 or 6 games and sneak ahead of the Cardinals and maybe even the Seahakws (if the Seahawks follow my plan for them, anyway.)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Tuesday

All my hopes for college football are riding on today:

GO BRONCOS!!!
Someone... Please put me out of my misery.  Please.  I can't take this.   Oh God...  There's a panther of deceit mauling my heart right now!

Thurnez Isa

Ok my full predictions, which will probably be completely off so if your betting with these get your head checked.. wont try to predict games or anything

AFC
East
The Jets
New England
Miami (Though I think their better then ECH thinks and may wrestle with New England for wild card position)
Buffalo

North
Baltimore
Pittsburgh (Probably miss wild card :-()
Cincinnati (Im not on the Cinci band wagon. I think do well at first then implode)
Cleveland

South
Same as ECH

West
San Diego
Oakland (I don't think Oakland is a legitimate threat overall, but I think their defense good enough to win them the games against KC)
Kansas City
Denver

NFC
East - I think this division is wide upon thanks to all the injuries on Dallas right now, if I had to guess....
Washington (possibly with only 9 or 10 wins)
The Giants
Dallas
Philadelphia (too young right now)

North
same as ECH

South
same as ECH, though I think Tampa is struggling with Buffalo to be the worse team in the league this year

West
San Fran
Arizona
Seattle
St Louis
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Suu

Tampa Bay needs to change their uniforms again.

I still hate New England.

Baltimore is going to be hot, but Cinci should be interesting with TO and Co. I still <3 Pittsburgh, so watching the AFC North should be a good time.

Saints go all the way.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

what's a "baseball"?

also, Pittsburgh goes 6-10 this year. 8-8 at best. And God gives them all AIDS.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

NO PITTSBURGH FALLS INTO A FIERY HOLE!!!!

East Coast Hustle

yeah, a fiery hole full of AIDS that Ben Worthlessburger picked up from some skank he raped in a bar bathroom.

Suu

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 07, 2010, 03:10:05 AM
what's a "baseball"?

Nothing the Red Sox really have to worry about after the first week in October.

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 07, 2010, 04:20:54 AM
yeah, a fiery hole full of AIDS that Ben Worthlessburger picked up from some skank he raped in a bar bathroom.

I never said I liked "him".

Also, are we doing a Fantasy League this year?

Tuesday

Someone... Please put me out of my misery.  Please.  I can't take this.   Oh God...  There's a panther of deceit mauling my heart right now!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Princess on September 07, 2010, 04:32:14 AM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 07, 2010, 03:10:05 AM
what's a "baseball"?

Nothing the Red Sox really have to worry about after the first week in October.

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 07, 2010, 04:20:54 AM

I never said I liked "him".

Also, are we doing a Fantasy League this year?

anything that pisses off Red Sox fans is OK in my book. Unless it's the Yankees doing well.

And I'm totally down, but someone needs to set it up. I don't have time to be the admin of a league.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Prince Peon on September 07, 2010, 06:25:09 AM
Man it's cool that some people are really into sports on here. I have 12 fantasy football teams. Oh and I have 12 fantasy baseball leagues that are in playoffs right now. Is this a problem? Maybe not because it's all just fantasy, a figment of my imagination? LoL

ECH: I totally agree with you on Jahvid Best. The stuff I've read leads me to believe he will be the rookie running back with the biggest impact this, better than Mattews and Spiller. Plus, he looked sick in the preseason. I grabbed him with the 27th pick in my most important league and I'm thoroughly convinced it was a steal and he hasn't even touched the field yet.

but...

How do you expect the Fudge Packers to win the North after Jared Allen shatters Aaron Rodgers knee into 358 pieces in week 7? Their offensive line is HORRIBLE. He got sacked 14 times in the 2 games against the Vikings last year and only Bob knows how many rushed passes and knock downs. Plus, Al Harris AKA "The Predator" and Atari Bigby are both cooked. Their seconday is dicked this year. I reluctantly agree that they are are good team, their offense is scary good, and Rodgers might be the best quarterback in the league. But the Vikings are going to win the division.

Aaron Rodgers with a shattered knee is still better than either Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels, both of whom will end up playing more than Favre this year. Vikings have no depth. One key injury (aside from Rice, who's already out at least half the year) leaves them hoping for a wild-card. 2 major injuries leaves them looking at 8-8.

Thurnez Isa

Catching up on my preseason games I missed (OK preseason 1st quarters I missed) I may have to change my NFC East predictions. Washington looks old and crappy.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante