News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Sick of Beige

Started by StoneCrowUK, September 06, 2010, 07:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneCrowUK

this is a rant thats been mulling in my head for a while, i thought i would inflict it, its a little awfully written, Cs in english for ya  :mrgreen:

so recently i noticed how much i hated the colour beige,
i was lying on the floor of my new sisters house, the carpet was beige, the walls were beige, the ceiling was beige, the furniture was beige and she had even managed to somehow get beige lightfittings, sockets, tv and the fucking fireplace!!
i felt like i was in an asylum, the personality completely removed for the buyers "buying preference",

it dawned on me that society and popular culture was a bit like this house,
anything colourful had been weeded out and/or painted over to create a more commercially attractive product.
why is the most dull emotionless colour in the world, the most dominant

a little like this

this is happening everywhere, every type of underground music that hits the radio is soon after watered down, take dubstep becoming shankstep (chavstep) or hip hop and all that becoming RnB
if there was a painter behind all this shit the only one dull enough to be so stupid would have to be either popular culture or marvin

im fucking sick of beige and the beige attitude
BLEND IN! FUCK THAT
i wanna stand out
even if i offend some people or piss in their eyes, atleast ill have given them something to think about!
i may not be able paint the world more exciting colours but atleast i can try and shit rainbows all over my belongings in the attempt!

Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode

the other anonymous

DOWN WITH BEIGE!

I TATTOOED MY TESTICLES PINK! NOW THE GIRLS CALL ME PENICORN.

Adios

Quote from: the other anonymous on September 06, 2010, 07:33:36 PM
DOWN WITH BEIGE!

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

In other news, that would hurt like a bitch.

East Coast Hustle

I like the OP well enough, but...

DOWN WITH BEIGE!

...thread ruined. thought you went away forever?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

the other anonymous

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 06, 2010, 09:04:04 PM
I like the OP well enough, but...

DOWN WITH BEIGE!

...thread ruined. thought you went away forever?

Nah, I just had too many tabs open. Took me a while to close them all.

East Coast Hustle

Well, I actually hate you. you should fuck back off to wherever you came from.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

Payne

Once, I had a number of beige items of clothing. I still have a couple pair o' troose, but anyway, one day I went to visit a friend of mine, when I realised that I had inadvertantly clothed myself in almost full beige of varied tones.

But beige is beige.

The only thing that wasn't was my jacket which was navy blue - until I realised it was reversible. The other colour being.... Well you can guess.

When I got to the top of my friends road I swapped the jacket over. I became Full Beige Man. And then I knocked on his door.

"Agh MAN! YOU'RE TOO BEIGE!"

The moral of ths story is that beige is not in itself inoffensive. But Beige People* are.

* I do not mean the skin colour. Shut up.

Adios

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

tyrannosaurus vex

I repainted the interior of my house to remove all traces of beige and replace it with contrasting colors that my mother in law claims are TOO LOUD and TOO BOLD. she feels uncomfortable, even claustrophobic in my house (which is fine with me, because that means she doesn't come over very often or stay very long). it relaxes me, makes me feel like the place is actually mine and not like I'm just borrowing it. The prevailing wisdom says you should keep your house neutral, because OH GOD WHAT IF YOU SELL IT AND PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE COLORS YOU'VE PICKED, AND IT MAKES THEM HATE THE HOUSE AND THEY DON'T BUY IT AND YOU'RE STUCK BLAH BLAH. Well, I'd rather deal with that then, than feel like I'm stuck in a house that isn't really mine to begin with.

Beige is for people with no imagination and no personality, and I suspect that enough exposure to beige will eventually turn a person with personality into someone without it. I also believe that this is done on purpose for evil reasons by evil people. If I were a violent terrorist, I would bomb paint factories until they stopped producing the color beige.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Brotep

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not necessarily a fan of too much beige. However, a few things about real estate and beige;

1. Beige is a blank slate. It's not that it's considered universally appealing, it's that it's considered mostly inoffensive and easy to paint over.
2. Most people paint before putting their house up for sale anyway (have you seen how grubby walls can get?), so paint your walls whatever color you want.
3. If you are using beige as an honest-to-goodness decorating choice, it can look awesome if you utilize strong colors in your furniture and accent decor.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

beige is not only a color reminiscent of poop, it's reminiscent of weak watery poop.