News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Slow Time in Fat City™, part 2

Started by Doktor Howl, August 30, 2010, 06:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2010, 03:14:30 PM
Well done Dok.  These remind me a lot of the MSY's, but with a slightly more common sense insanity to them.

MSY was mostly a narrative.  These are mostly illustrations...Examples.

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2010, 03:14:30 PMI'm sure more than one lawyer or businessman has felt that way, sitting in their office.  They look out over the view, over the desk, the work, and the late Friday glass of expensive scotch, thinking they have it all, trying to keep away that gnawing sense that it's sucked them away from what they'd REALLY like to be doing.  The trappings, the expectation, the image... TRAP.  No way they can throw it off to hit a strange club and dance in woman's lingere for a night. 

They can, though, and a surprising number of them do.  There's a club here called Desert Dominion, down in the Maze.  It's pretty exclusive...You have to be a rich bastard from the foothills, or some young attractive thing for the rich people to "play" with.  Freeky and I know such a person, though I think she retreated from the scene.

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2010, 03:14:30 PM
Your way, that's taking the side door out of the panic rush to the front during a fire.  You never fail to remind that it's useless if you can't get out of it and still do what matters. 

There's only one thing that matters.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 01, 2010, 06:27:53 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 31, 2010, 09:31:40 PM
I live in a SAFE city. Where no one is real.

Safe is the enemy of Fun.  That fun is out there, when you train yourself to look for it.  The Safety Nazis can't make it go away, they can only distract you from it...Even if that distraction is just your rage at them interfering.  Ignore them.  They don't matter.

Go find the fun.

Conservative Kansas college town. All the fun is hiding, deep. Even Aggieville is Sanitary™. Junction City, 12 miles away is a Fun town.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 01, 2010, 06:30:52 PM

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2010, 03:14:30 PMI'm sure more than one lawyer or businessman has felt that way, sitting in their office.  They look out over the view, over the desk, the work, and the late Friday glass of expensive scotch, thinking they have it all, trying to keep away that gnawing sense that it's sucked them away from what they'd REALLY like to be doing.  The trappings, the expectation, the image... TRAP.  No way they can throw it off to hit a strange club and dance in woman's lingere for a night.

They can, though, and a surprising number of them do.  There's a club here called Desert Dominion, down in the Maze.  It's pretty exclusive...You have to be a rich bastard from the foothills, or some young attractive thing for the rich people to "play" with.  Freeky and I know such a person, though I think she retreated from the scene.

Torchie? Yeah. Rich doctor guy having a dirty little secret in a 20-something stripper who's crazier than, well, a pretty crazy person, and gives her huge sums of money just to hang out with him.