Author Topic: Puzzles  (Read 348 times)

bugmenоt

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Puzzles
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:27:46 pm »
A few puzzles I spent way more time on creating than I'm comfortable to admit.

https://tinyurl.com/t8hymdk

Don't mind the link shortener, it's supposed to keep the search engines from pointing to PD when someone googles the actual url. And yes, the website claims that there's a group behind it. It's a lie.

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:28:19 pm »
A few puzzles I spent way more time on creating than I'm comfortable to admit.

https://tinyurl.com/t8hymdk

Don't mind the link shortener, it's supposed to keep the search engines from pointing to PD when someone googles the actual url. And yes, the website claims that there's a group behind it. It's a lie.

I'll wait for someone else to click that.
"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Evil doesn't work without good people. Good people will do the most repugnant, nasty shit for what they think are "the right reasons"

bugmenоt

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:47:08 pm »
I'll wait for someone else to click that.

It's SFW

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 01:02:18 pm »

chaotic neutral observer

• not a real discordian
  • Outlandish
  • I saw what you did and I'm okay with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 01:11:47 pm »
I clicked it, but it led to an intermediate page with some medievalish looking art, with two links at the bottom.

The two links gave me the choice of viewing the site on the "clear net" or via tor, and you'd better believe I didn't click on that.
"When I say 'engineering', I have unreasonable expectations.  It must - as you know - look good in PADS AND give you plenty of help ducking and weaving in meetings.  But it must also, at some distant point in time, function.  If it does not, then you must accept that you are not in fact an engineer but instead an MBA.  Hang your head in SHAME, sinner!"

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 02:38:22 pm »
I clicked it, but it led to an intermediate page with some medievalish looking art, with two links at the bottom.

The two links gave me the choice of viewing the site on the "clear net" or via tor, and you'd better believe I didn't click on that.

I had considered nuking this, but it amuses me that people might actually click right through.
"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Evil doesn't work without good people. Good people will do the most repugnant, nasty shit for what they think are "the right reasons"

bugmenоt

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 07:04:42 pm »
Y'all paranoid as fuck  :roll: :lol:

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 07:31:59 pm »
Y'all paranoid as fuck  :roll: :lol:

This ain't my first BBQ.
~ The Good Reverend

tyrannosaurus vex

• a gas giant of idiots
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 07:57:14 pm »
because i have nothing to lose, i clicked the thing.

it's harmless. seems to actually be some kind of puzzle. i'm not actually going to put any effort or time into figuring it out, because i'm lazy, but it isn't nefarious. it doesn't even use javascript. it's just presented in a way that looks tech-spooky, which happens to be an aesthetic i like.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 10:12:05 pm »
because i have nothing to lose, i clicked the thing.

it's harmless. seems to actually be some kind of puzzle. i'm not actually going to put any effort or time into figuring it out, because i'm lazy, but it isn't nefarious. it doesn't even use javascript. it's just presented in a way that looks tech-spooky, which happens to be an aesthetic i like.

I'm so alone.
~ The Good Reverend