News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Slow Time in Fat City™, Part 4

Started by Doktor Howl, September 07, 2010, 08:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

There comes a time in everyone's life when you have to reevaluate what you stand for, what you believe in.  Just as the Buddha started out a rich man, and then had a nervous breakdown that changed the world, and just as Jesus grew weary of carpentry at 30, and started all manner of hilarity due to the Law of Unintended Consequences, each and every one of us has to periodically review our manner of thinking.

In 2002, I wanted to change the world, or at least a small part of it.  By 2006, I just wanted to watch it burn.  Nowdays, though, I have decided to enjoy the constant stupidity displayed daily in the news and in my City.  There's some really funny shit going on, and sometimes you just can't stop laughing.  Obviously, you have to remember TGRR's Law:  "Everything is funny when it happens to someone else.", and even Doktor Howl's Collolary: "It's even funny when it happens to you."

There is evil in the world.  There is suffering.  I can't do a damned thing about it.

There is good in the world.  I didn't do it.

There is also evil and good that I find amusing.  The actions of the Arizona "government", for example, are both evil and funny, and keep me giggling like a little schoolgirl.  Likewise, watching the Hopey-Changey crowd wake up and realize that Obama is just more of the same has filled me with mirth for a couple of years now.

There's also out-and-out nutbaggery that keeps me chortling (Lys, thanks for posting that genius of a Japanese "politician").  And let's not forget Basil, who I believe to be good (at least in intention), nutty, and absolutely hilarious.

And sometimes hilarity is enough.  Sometimes, having a good laugh is all that is required for a good day, the kind of day that gets you through the night with minimal use of brain-smashing substances.

In fact, sometimes hilarity is MORE than enough, but we all know that too much is always better than not enough, and if that means I have to bray my laughter in the faces of stupid people, well, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.  It even does some good...Jackasses like the Teabaggers don't respond to logic, for example.  Ridicule is your only weapon, so don't be afraid or "too polite" to have a good time at their expense.

That is, after all, their function.

Okay for now,
Dok
Molon Lube

Adios

Sometimes that's the hard part, isn't it? The laughing, I mean.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 07, 2010, 08:28:10 PM
Sometimes that's the hard part, isn't it? The laughing, I mean.

Not for me.  It's all where and how you look at things.
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

I had to come to this point myself.  When I stopped whipping myself over bullshit I had nothing to do with starting and stop being mad when I couldn't fix it.

I sit back now and just watch people and they continue to fascinate and amaze me with their stupidity. 

One of our local debates is whether or not a few of the "downtown" bars should lose their liquor license.  The bars arguement is that they have been there for umpteen years with no issues, but since the police have laid off 1/3 of the force, there are now problems.  They city comes back with it is not their responsibility to stop the crime.....  :|

ook ook....

Gotta love it!

I love this series Dok.  Things are a bit insane right now, but I am reading even when I don't post!!

:mittens:

Requia ☣

Quote from: Kiaransalee on September 07, 2010, 10:09:27 PM
I had to come to this point myself.  When I stopped whipping myself over bullshit I had nothing to do with starting and stop being mad when I couldn't fix it.

I sit back now and just watch people and they continue to fascinate and amaze me with their stupidity. 

One of our local debates is whether or not a few of the "downtown" bars should lose their liquor license.  The bars arguement is that they have been there for umpteen years with no issues, but since the police have laid off 1/3 of the force, there are now problems.  They city comes back with it is not their responsibility to stop the crime.....  :|

ook ook....

Gotta love it!

I love this series Dok.  Things are a bit insane right now, but I am reading even when I don't post!!

Then what the fuck is their job?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 08, 2010, 03:15:31 AM

ook ook....

Gotta love it!

Political posturing and getting paid with tax dollars for it.  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 08, 2010, 03:15:31 AM

ook ook....

Gotta love it!

From a police point of view, their actual job is not crime prevention/apprehension, or to protect the public.  It is "to maintain order".  This is a fact.

And sometimes those three things are very different.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

ook ook....

Gotta love it!

Less liquor licenses = less revenue = less money available for policing.

HAW HAW!

It isn't about crime.  It's about temperance spags.
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2010, 04:30:12 PM

ook ook....

Gotta love it!

Less liquor licenses = less revenue = less money available for policing.

HAW HAW!

It isn't about crime.  It's about temperance spags.

In a nutshell!!!