News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Pronouncing my name

Started by BabylonHoruv, September 08, 2010, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

I don't know how to do it.

I am thinking it is Ho Chi Pill Eee but it could be a myriad of other things as well.  Anyone who is better than I at Aztec pronunciation want to weigh in?
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

MMIX

Quote from: Xochipilli on September 08, 2010, 01:23:30 PM

I am thinking it is Ho Chi Pill Eee but it could be a myriad of other things as well.  Anyone who is better than I at Aztec pronunciation want to weigh in?

http://www.mythome.org/aztecnames.html

i.e. My name is Shockey Peelee pronounced "I am the patron of male prostitutes and being stoned out of your gourd"
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Adios

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: MMIX on September 08, 2010, 02:20:49 PM

http://www.mythome.org/aztecnames.html

i.e. My name is Shockey Peelee pronounced "I am the patron of male prostitutes and being stoned out of your gourd"

Shockey Peelee, that's easily mnemonic, thank you.

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

-Dok Howl

Adios

:?

That was my suggestion on how to pronounce it.  :lulz:

Adios

But, in case you want a serious answer, chock-o-philly

Doktor Howl

Fred.
Molon Lube

Adios

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I have to say, though, that I never thought I'd see Babylon Horuv change his name.
Molon Lube

Adios

That's who this is? Hell, I thought you were saying it was Fredly.
Hawk,
fast on the uptake.

East Coast Hustle

I think posters who change their names should have red-hot wire inserted in their urethras.

then their new name will be pronounced "AAAAAAAAAHHH! OHGODFUCKFUCKFUCKTHATHURTSIMSORRYILLNEVERDOITAGAINISWEARPLEASEGETITOUTGETITOUTGETITOUT!!!!!!"
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 08, 2010, 05:39:07 PM
I think posters who change their names should have red-hot wire inserted in their urethras.

then their new name will be pronounced "AAAAAAAAAHHH! OHGODFUCKFUCKFUCKTHATHURTSIMSORRYILLNEVERDOITAGAINISWEARPLEASEGETITOUTGETITOUTGETITOUT!!!!!!"

Well, someone removed the toggle for allowing users to change their names from the admin panel, which keeps me from arbitrarily locking people into goofball names.

:crankey:
Molon Lube