News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

America™ Moves Right

Started by Adios, September 08, 2010, 05:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Cenk Uygur filling in for Dylan Ratigan again this week more or less rehashed his op-ed from The Huffington Post, Who is More Conservative: Ronald Reagan or Barack Obama? As he noted in his column, Ronald Reagan:

-Gave Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants
-Negotiated with Terrorists (Traded Arms for Hostages with Iran)
-Raised Taxes
-Negotiated with the "Evil Empire" without Pre-conditions
-Made a Decision to "Cut and Run" From Lebanon After Our Troops Were Attacked

Cenk wrapped up his post this way.

The bottom line is that, no matter what the reason, Obama seems to be in some important ways significantly to the right of Reagan on the political spectrum. If Reagan ordered the execution of US citizens abroad, he might have been impeached. If Obama tried to give undocumented immigrants blanket amnesty the way Reagan did, he might be impeached.
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/cenk-political-line-has-moved-so-far-right

Has America™ really moved this far to the right?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Thurnez Isa

Im not sure about the public. All sense is the media has.
Though for a long time it seemed that a lot of those on the supposed left didn't and don't have any balls. Politicians on the left are even worse. Here's my dramatic retelling of almost every political response from the left in the last 10 years
:argh!: :oops: :sad: :cry: :a2m: :x :emo:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Phox

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 08, 2010, 05:03:09 PM
Cenk Uygur filling in for Dylan Ratigan again this week more or less rehashed his op-ed from The Huffington Post, Who is More Conservative: Ronald Reagan or Barack Obama? As he noted in his column, Ronald Reagan:

-Gave Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants
-Negotiated with Terrorists (Traded Arms for Hostages with Iran)
-Raised Taxes
-Negotiated with the "Evil Empire" without Pre-conditions
-Made a Decision to "Cut and Run" From Lebanon After Our Troops Were Attacked

Cenk wrapped up his post this way.

The bottom line is that, no matter what the reason, Obama seems to be in some important ways significantly to the right of Reagan on the political spectrum. If Reagan ordered the execution of US citizens abroad, he might have been impeached. If Obama tried to give undocumented immigrants blanket amnesty the way Reagan did, he might be impeached.
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/cenk-political-line-has-moved-so-far-right

Has America™ really moved this far to the right?

I like Cenk a lot. He's a smart guy. Though decidedly liberal in his bent, he is also fair, and he is not afraid to call either side on their BS. Do any of you watch/listen to The Young Turks?

And to answer your question, most unfortunately yes. Thanks to the eight years of Bush-ocracy (an unfair term, as it was more like Cheney-ocracy, but work with what you got), Americans don't know what it's like to be on the left anymore.