News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Everyone needs an enemy, sort of

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 04, 2010, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Debate is over, basically three of the questions were about taxes, one was about political patronage, and the last one was about illegal immigrants. Pretty much par for the course in the current political climate.

This debate was more inclusive than in 2002, and the Gov Patrick and Charlie Baker paid almost as much attention to Tim Cahill and Jill Stein as each other. It should also be noted that Tim Cahill is the Treasurer, former Democrat, and former Deval Patrick supporter, probably why it was more even.

WBZ is going to be putting up on their website if anyone is interested enough.

I will leave you with one humorous Gov. Patrick quote:
"I have to 'give props,' as they say in the neighborhood, to Tim..." (for making the budget for school construction more efficient).
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 08, 2010, 01:06:53 AM
Debate is over, basically three of the questions were about taxes, one was about political patronage, and the last one was about illegal immigrants. Pretty much par for the course in the current political climate.

This debate was more inclusive than in 2002, and the Gov Patrick and Charlie Baker paid almost as much attention to Tim Cahill and Jill Stein as each other. It should also be noted that Tim Cahill is the Treasurer, former Democrat, and former Deval Patrick supporter, probably why it was more even.

"I have to 'give props,' as they say in the neighborhood, to Tim..." (for making the budget for school construction more efficient).

Whoa, mad propz to mah boy Duveezy for knowin' how we's talk down in tha 'hood.  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 08, 2010, 02:56:41 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 08, 2010, 01:06:53 AM

Whoa, mad propz to mah boy Duveezy for knowin' how we's talk down in tha 'hood.  :lulz:

Yeah, I cracked up laughing when he said that. Like, what's the point of saying that?

Phox

Sorry, I just love it when politicians try to be "hip". They always seem to fail so miserably.  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 08, 2010, 03:14:41 AM
Sorry, I just love it when politicians try to be "hip". They always seem to fail so miserably.  :lulz:

Especially knowing how Gov. Patrick's voice sounds, and how much of a politician he looks like  :lulz: :horrormirth:

Doktor Howl

I thought that was full of win.

It's what I want to see in a politician.

Yo.
Molon Lube

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 08, 2010, 03:19:05 AM

Especially knowing how Gov. Patrick's voice sounds, and how much of a politician he looks like  :lulz: :horrormirth:

True, but the "as they say in the neighborhood" is what did it for me, I can see him pausing just after and ading "or, 'hood'" with air quotes.  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 08, 2010, 03:25:36 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 08, 2010, 03:19:05 AM

True, but the "as they say in the neighborhood" is what did it for me, I can see him pausing just after and ading "or, 'hood'" with air quotes.  :lulz:

We can take it a step further and go, "or, 'hood' as they also say in the neighborhood."

Presumably the "hood" in question is the South Side of Chicago of his childhood and not Milton, MA where he went to a High School.

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 08, 2010, 03:31:59 AM
We can take it a step further and go, "or, 'hood' as they also say in the neighborhood."

Presumably the "hood" in question is the South Side of Chicago of his childhood and not Milton, MA where he went to a High School.

At least the South Side IS the hood. Or maybe that's not such a good thing.  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 08, 2010, 03:34:43 AM

At least the South Side IS the hood. Or maybe that's not such a good thing.  :lulz:

Oh, he grew up in the projects, but he was going to a boarding school in a Boston suburb by age 14.

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 08, 2010, 03:36:43 AM

Oh, he grew up in the projects, but he was going to a boarding school in a Boston suburb by age 14.

It's actually an interesting story how that came to be.

He was minding his own business, and playing "B-Ball" outside of his school, one day.
A couple of guys were up to no good, and started making trouble in his "neighborhood".
Long story short, he wound up getting in a fight, His mom got scared, and sent him to go live with his aunt and uncle.
Formerly something else...

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on September 08, 2010, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 08, 2010, 03:36:43 AM

It's actually an interesting story how that came to be.

He was minding his own business, and playing "B-Ball" outside of his school, one day.
A couple of guys were up to no good, and started making trouble in his "neighborhood".
Long story short, he wound up getting in a fight, His mom got scared, and sent him to go live with his aunt and uncle.

:lulz:

Actually he was selected to go there by some sort of program to get the smart kids out of the inner city and into good schools. Ended up going to Harvard, and is now Governor of Massachusetts (and friend of the President).