Main Menu

A boring entomologist? Fuck that shit.

Started by Kai, August 28, 2010, 04:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 07, 2010, 06:14:13 PM
Quote from: Kai on August 28, 2010, 07:16:41 PM
Quote from: Nigel on August 28, 2010, 07:09:30 PM
LOL, I seriously don't think you have much to worry about wrt entomology being flooded by boring people! It's unlikely to be flooded by people, period.

Frankly, a not-all-there girl who doesn't have any real interests other than bugs and playing pac-man sounds fascinatingly weird, even if she's not much fun to hang out with. Definitely a far cry from frat kids at the Meetrack!

You know, you could be right. She might have a deeper, morbid side or something. Going to investigate further.

Being absorbed in your work and enjoying a vintage video game != boring.

No, it's not, if the person gets excited about those things. Which she does, because I've talked to her since then. /She/ thinks she's boring, but that's irrelevant.

I think the reason that people assume she's boring is because she doesn't have very much to talk about, doesn't have a massive amount of interests. But what she is interested in, she's very interested in. She's not boring, just simple. Simple != boring.

I've asked her to come talk to me what she's been thinking about whenever she likes. Probably just socially inept, is all.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on September 07, 2010, 07:47:53 PM
LOL, I seriously don't think you have much to worry about wrt entomology being flooded by boring people! It's unlikely to be flooded by people, period.

Frankly, a not-all-there girl who doesn't have any real interests other than bugs and playing pac-man sounds fascinatingly weird, even if she's not much fun to hang out with. Definitely a far cry from frat kids at the Meetrack!

You know, you could be right. She might have a deeper, morbid side or something. Going to investigate further.

No, it's not, if the person gets excited about those things. Which she does, because I've talked to her since then. /She/ thinks she's boring, but that's irrelevant.

I think the reason that people assume she's boring is because she doesn't have very much to talk about, doesn't have a massive amount of interests. But what she is interested in, she's very interested in. She's not boring, just simple. Simple != boring.

I've asked her to come talk to me what she's been thinking about whenever she likes. Probably just socially inept, is all.

Find the wall.  Show it to her.
Molon Lube

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 07, 2010, 07:47:34 PM
Definitely a far cry from frat kids at the Meetrack!

That has apparently been fixed.

And I'm not around to enjoy it. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on September 07, 2010, 07:47:53 PM

That's awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on September 08, 2010, 04:54:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 07, 2010, 07:47:34 PM
Definitely a far cry from frat kids at the Meetrack!

That has apparently been fixed.

And I'm not around to enjoy it. :(

I'm kind of blaming you for Tucson, that night.  You know, the rule about you and I being in the same city...Tucson was just taking steps to protect itself.
Molon Lube