News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Thoughts on Eris?

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 09, 2010, 08:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

there are golden apples in a bunch of greek myths, not all of them feature Our Lady of Discord.

the way I read it, they're often used as a symbol for human desire.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Epimetheus

I saw "Salt" and thought, oh, hi Eris.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Nephew Twiddleton

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Nephew Twiddleton

The Great Pope of OUTSIDE

So, okay.

If we ponder for a moment, what if the Greek Gods _aren't_ real, as few now believe they are, but that the Trojan War did happen, what then caused the Trojan War?
There are times when I imagine God laughing until it cries, shouting, "I am going to fuck ALL your minds over, and you're going to pay me for it!"

Telarus

Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 18, 2010, 03:25:37 AM
So, okay.

If we ponder for a moment, what if the Greek Gods _aren't_ real, as few now believe they are, but that the Trojan War did happen, what then caused the Trojan War?

Paris fucking Helen.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

There are times when I imagine God laughing until it cries, shouting, "I am going to fuck ALL your minds over, and you're going to pay me for it!"

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 18, 2010, 03:51:35 AM
XDDD True that.

Just out of curiosity. How old are you?

Also, tell me everything you know about Pop-tarts and George Bush.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Phox

So, okay.

I'm going to say the same thing that causes every war. The Spartans and the Argives got their Peleponessian allies together and decided to go fuck Troy's shit up because it was wealthy/powerful/far away. From a purely historical view, there is no reason to accept the existence of Paris, Helen, Menelaus, or the rest of the mortals involved, at least not as far as their roles in the Trojan War are concerned. There is archaeological evidence to suggest that Troy DID exist at one point, and stopped existing/was destroyed at around the time the Trojan War is said to have taken place, so it would not be out of the question.

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 18, 2010, 04:41:46 AM
Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 18, 2010, 03:51:35 AM
XDDD True that.

Just out of curiosity. How old are you?

Also, tell me everything you know about Pop-tarts and George Bush.

Not yet 25. If that helps.

Pop-tarts are yummy if chocolate is involved. Pop-Tart is not a chocolate pop-tart. Thus he is absolutely lame. And the worst spammer ever. (Enough to even annoy a forum FULL of spammers, XD) And I laughed at his introduction post. (I went over all this when I introduced myself. Ask Doktor Howl if you're uncertain.)

As far as George Bush is concerned, I haven't given a rat's ass about anything about him since he said, "We must protect our internets from terrorists" or some other such thing. And I think that was pretty early on, and I haven't paid attention since.

I try not to watch dumb people too much.

Nephew Twiddleton

So, okay.

The Trojan War actually is not mythology specifically, but legend. Mythology is a story that tries to make sense out of the universe and explain why things are the way they are. Legends are stories that are loosely based on history.

For example in the Bible, the Creation account is mythology, but Exodus is legend. It might not be 100% true, but there is some sort of history to it. So while Jehovah is present in both Genesis and Exodus, Genesis hinges on the existence of Jehovah, whereas Exodus does not. I find it kinda hard to swallow that God would tell Moses, "Tell Pharaoh to let you go, and I'm going to force him to say no so I have a legitimate reason to do terrible shit to them. Cuz I'm a dick. By the way, worship me or die." But the idea that there were a group of Hebrews that left Egypt is more reasonable when you take that out of the equation.

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 20, 2010, 12:40:28 AM
So, okay.

The Trojan War actually is not mythology specifically, but legend. Mythology is a story that tries to make sense out of the universe and explain why things are the way they are. Legends are stories that are loosely based on history.

For example in the Bible, the Creation account is mythology, but Exodus is legend. It might not be 100% true, but there is some sort of history to it. So while Jehovah is present in both Genesis and Exodus, Genesis hinges on the existence of Jehovah, whereas Exodus does not. I find it kinda hard to swallow that God would tell Moses, "Tell Pharaoh to let you go, and I'm going to force him to say no so I have a legitimate reason to do terrible shit to them. Cuz I'm a dick. By the way, worship me or die." But the idea that there were a group of Hebrews that left Egypt is more reasonable when you take that out of the equation.

That makes perfect sense though...if you believe in a malevolent God.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 19, 2010, 03:50:07 AM
Pop-Tart is not a chocolate pop-tart. Thus he is absolutely lame. And the worst spammer ever. (Enough to even annoy a forum FULL of spammers, XD)

quick note for posterity: spamming is the Nick Jr. of internet trolling. Few people here who would identify as trolls actually practice spamming. In certain situations, it can be a good tool, but if there's a vaguely competent mod team you just end up wasting your own time.