News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

The Media

Started by Adios, September 10, 2010, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

The internet thrives on sensationalism even more.

Sure there's the minority of good reporting out there, but ultimately all the bad reporting of the media comes down to what people want, people want sensationalism, with inaccurate hard news in the back pages.  For the minority who really want good news (whatever that is) the internet helps, for the other (what, billion, half billion?) people on the internet it just makes the problem worse.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on September 14, 2010, 05:01:55 PM
The other great thing about this event (other than the fact that no qua'rans were burned)

Not in Florida, but two preachers from Tennessee did, I read in my newspaper this morning.

But then, it sort of is part of the news in NL, with the whole Geert Wilders crap going on and him dragging his sorry ass to ground zero this weekend etc etc etc. And this is somewhat related, after all.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 15, 2010, 09:55:20 AM
The other great thing about this event (other than the fact that no qua'rans were burned)

Not in Florida, but two preachers from Tennessee did, I read in my newspaper this morning.

But then, it sort of is part of the news in NL, with the whole Geert Wilders crap going on and him dragging his sorry ass to ground zero this weekend etc etc etc. And this is somewhat related, after all.

Not only did Wilders show up, so did the English Defence League.  Funny, since the British branch of "Stop the Islamification of _____" groups leader told me, in person, that he disavowed the tactics of and the EDL in total, after I asked him about the large number of Swastikas, Iron Crosses and Sig runes that could be seen on protest members (the conceit of the various SIO_ groups is that Islam is fascism, thus creating an amusing problem for them).  The American protest was put on by Stop the Islamification of America.  And yet, the EDL were present.

Maybe a memo was lost?

Payne

Quote from: Cain on September 15, 2010, 10:02:04 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 15, 2010, 09:55:20 AM

Not only did Wilders show up, so did the English Defence League.  Funny, since the British branch of "Stop the Islamification of _____" groups leader told me, in person, that he disavowed the tactics of and the EDL in total, after I asked him about the large number of Swastikas, Iron Crosses and Sig runes that could be seen on protest members (the conceit of the various SIO_ groups is that Islam is fascism, thus creating an amusing problem for them).  The American protest was put on by Stop the Islamification of America.  And yet, the EDL were present.

Maybe a memo was lost?

:lulz:

The right always cracks me up. This is the same problem that I've found my dad complaining about within the BNP.

My dad, coincidentally, is now the treasurer of the BNP within Scotland. I plotzed.