News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Toy Pony in Florida Disposed of by Bomb Squad

Started by Juana, September 11, 2010, 04:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/2010/09/toy_pony_blown_up_by_bomb_squa.html
QuoteWas it just a toy pony or a Trojan horse?

A "suspicious" toy pony was blown up after it was found abandoned in the middle of a cul-de-sac near an Orange County elementary school yesterday morning, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

The FurReal pony, an expensive, lifelike toy, was investigated as a possible explosive device after someone called Orange County deputies to report it. A robot inspected the toy before a pack of explosives was placed near the stuffed animal and detonated.

Students at nearby Waterbridge Elementary School were placed on a modified lockdown in which no one was allowed in or out of the building during the investigation. The lockdown was lifted after the pony was blown up.

Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Jeff Williamson said the pony was later declared "non-threatening."

Parent Shanie Lucas, who uses the area to pick up and drop off her 9-year-old daughter, Valerie, thought the whole incident was funny.

Lucas saw the pony this morning around 8:30 when she dropped Valerie off at school and thought someone put it there to deter people from double-parking inside the small circle.

But when Lucas received an automated call from her daughter's school about the lockdown, she got nervous. She scoured the Internet looking for information and realized it was the same pony she saw earlier in the morning.
No one was hurt.

:lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Elder Iptuous

is there a repository of ridiculous things that have been blown up on the off chance that they might blow up?
I recall a story a while ago about some dildo on the side of the road that was blown up.
now a toy pony.
i sense a GASM in the making...

Freeky

Sir Fronkensteen, The Hawk

Oh my God, are americans so paranoid as to blow up an artificially human created robot in fear it will cause destruction??

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 11, 2010, 05:12:00 PM
So this pony, it wasn't ...

Ginuwine ?

:putin:

Quote from: youtubeThis video contains content from WMG and Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country.

Triple Zero

Well I guess that makes us even for all those time you USA spags link to hulu.com!!! :argh!:

also, you can probably find a copy via http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=ginuine+pony&aq=f
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Quote from: Iptuous on September 11, 2010, 02:10:12 PM
is there a repository of ridiculous things that have been blown up on the off chance that they might blow up?
I recall a story a while ago about some dildo on the side of the road that was blown up.
now a toy pony.
i sense a GASM in the making...

There absolutely needs to be.

Ah, this story has made my day.

Triple Zero

maybe an entire "security theatre" blog with a category for bomb threats?

dontblameyoko

I wonder what poor kid is crying now because someone blew up their toy...
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

Dysfunctional Cunt

Well that will certainly teach whichever kid dropped it to not take toys to school which their mother had most likely already told them not too anyway.

Great threat, if you take that to school the bomb squad will blow it up! :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sir Fronkensteen Cheese Bitch on September 11, 2010, 05:00:35 PM
Oh my God, are americans so paranoid as to blow up an artificially human created robot in fear it will cause destruction??

What do you think?

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

just to clarify kiraiansleeah,
those things are pretty big....
your toddler could ride it.

i think extra points should be awarded dependent upon the amount of explosives needed to blow up whatever retarded item is selected.  therefore, size counts.
also, if it has some kind of hardened inner core they don't expect, forcing them to blow it up twice, that would be bonus as well.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!