News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.

Started by LMNO, September 14, 2010, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

QuoteAlso:

Spider subsuming Discordian----> 50% chance
Machine subsuming Discordian -----> 100% chance
Machine subsuming Cabal-member ------> 50% chance
Spider subsuming Cabal-member -------> ????

I was thinking that if The Machine™ has not been created by the time a Cabal is formed, the same 50% chance exists if a Spider attempts to subsume a Cabal member.

The reasoning is as follows: The Cabal has an advantage in that they know and can trust each other, and organize their votes in secret, and can narrow down their choices of who is a Spider.  Even if the Cabal is broken, they still know who's in and who's out.  Plus, I want to limit this to coin flipping, and not dice rolling.

And it becomes a strategy whether it's worth it to form a Cabal if you think you can nail one of the Spiders before they form The Machine™.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Remington

That seems like it would work. Forming a Cabal is only beneficial if the Machine has been formed. I'm in.
Is it plugged in?

LMNO

Ok, that's 8 people.  We need more.

Jasper

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 14, 2010, 04:28:33 PM
Freeky, I wanted the rounds not to be bound by time.  If someone is having a rough day at work and can't get online, or if they're taking the weekend off, the game shouldn't penalize them for that.

yeah but afaik, she was talking about a minimum time, not a time-limit.

cause it would also mean that, in the event that everybody is online during a round, the round will be over as soon as everybody has said something right? so that means some people will only get to put in one post in a round. and as someone else said, sometimes it's good to see what others have to say first.

so how about saying that a round will take at least 24 hours, and longer if not everybody has posted yet?

also, count me in. this weekend I might not be able to be online every 24h though (dunno when you planned to start)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Eater of Clowns

I've been wanting to join in one of ese games for a while, and this one seems like a great time to do it.

Count me in.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Storebrand

Remington

Question: Is the Cabal broken after only one of it's members is Subsumed or Bused, or must all members be removed?
Is it plugged in?

ThatGreenGentleman

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Phox

IN! In in in in in in in in in!

P.S. I'm SO in.

Elder Iptuous

So, we have, what, 16 peoples so far?
what are you going to shoot for, LMNO?

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.