News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.

Started by LMNO, September 14, 2010, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I think that's 15 people:

BDS
Cudgel
Dok Howl
Dr James Semaj
Eater of Clowns
Iptuous
Joh'Nyx
Mistress Freeky
phoenixofdiscordia
Remington
Requia
Rumckle
Sigmatic
That Green Gentleman
Triple Zero

That's a pretty good amount.  However, I'm going on my anniversary vacation tomorrow, so we'll keep registration open until Tuesday, when things will kick off.

Comments:

The minimum of a round will be 24 hours.  I will signal the end of a round by asking for a Final Vote, and Final PMs regarding conversion or subsuming.  When those are received, a Narrative will follow.

If, after 24 hours some people have not made their post, I will announce who has not posted yet.

Additionally, any round that occurs during a weekend will be a Very Long Round.

Quote from: Remington on September 14, 2010, 11:54:56 PM
Question: Is the Cabal broken after only one of it's members is Subsumed or Bused, or must all members be removed?

When a Cabal is reduced to only one person, it has been broken. 

And in case you're wondering, yes.  I did make a spreadsheet for tracking this fucking monster.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

WHY SPIDERS!!?!??!  :x :x :x :x

WHY CANT WE BE BUTTERFLIES?

is this game going to have pics of spiders?

LMNO

No.  Not from me, at least.

Interested in playing?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i will play if there are NO PICTURES  :argh!:

LMNO

I will put you on the list, and promise not to post pics of spiders.

Triple Zero

One thought I had when reading the rules was that while the Spiders are our invention, in line with the setting, we could just as well call them Illuminati agents, in a more "traditional" Discordian sense. Not that I mind Spiders, btw.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Spiders seems to fit the narration I'm developing, and it has ties to PD.com themes, so... Yeah.

Rumckle

Quote from: Frederieke van Noodleberg on September 15, 2010, 02:35:55 PM
WHY SPIDERS!!?!??!  :x :x :x :x

WHY CANT WE BE BUTTERFLIES?

is this game going to have pics of spiders?

I was going to make a joke involving these:

But then I realised that us Aussies are just wacky, and other people don't call these spiders.
:sad:
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Freeky

Rumckle

We call any kind of "floats", spiders down here.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Freeky

Remington

That's because you have gigantic mutant freak spiders, who will rip your face off, eat it, and piss on your remains.
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

I personally like the Spider Project tie-in.

LMNO

Ok, I'm not going to be back at my work computer until Tuesday.  The game will begin Tuesday morning with Narration.  All those who sign up between now and then will be included in the game. 

The Johnny

Even do the Illuminati are more of a Discordian Tradition, the interactions within the game makikng synergy with LMNOs Spider narrative could turn out to be a very interesting thing - i mean, this seems like its gonna be a long game, might as well boost its potential for art.

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner