News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

An open letter to the President

Started by Adios, September 14, 2010, 07:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Dear Mr. President,

I am an American. You promised me I could once again hold my head high and be proud. That I could once again be a part of my government. You have lied, not that I am terribly surprised, but I did want to point this out to you.

I no longer even feel a part of my country, I haven't for decades. Why are we as Americans being suspected, spied on, treated as if we have no rights?

What have we done? Are you using the excuse of the few that are guilty to put your thumb on the rest of us?
Why is the government still so shrouded in secrecy that we have no idea what you are doing?

Need I remind you that you, all of you, work for us? Remember the "We the People" thing? I want my government back.

I don't want to see squabbling over unemployment benefits while tens of billions are rubber stamped for unrighteous wars.

I am sick of seeing school funding and other domestic funding cut to support defense contracts and wars.
When will the focus return to our homeland? Never?

Yes, you inherited some bad things. Isn't it time to move on now?

Perhaps we need to eliminate professional politicians so the average American (remember us) has an actual voice. In fact, I think one term rules for every office should be in place.

I also think the Patriot Act (which strips Americans of rights and is anything but patriotic) should be repealed. Trim Top Secret America back to a manageable size. Eliminate excess spending by not spying on the citizens of this country.

I want my country back. None of you are any kind of royalty. You work for me. Now get to work.

In closing, this has been said far more eloquently than I ever could, so I will end with a few words from Patrick Henry.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"

Doktor Howl

We'll give you London, you ungrateful terrorist-kisser, and you'll like it!
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2010, 07:04:11 PM

I am working for a 1st class ticket, the rest of you spags will be in coach.

Judge Nasty

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 14, 2010, 07:11:09 PM

I suppose you want me to work more overtime? Or you gonna cut down on the smack to upgrade to first class?

Adios

Quote from: Judge Nasty on September 14, 2010, 07:12:47 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 14, 2010, 07:11:09 PM

I suppose you want me to work more overtime? Or you gonna cut down on the smack to upgrade to first class?

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26493.0

For context.

Adios

Adios

Dysfunctional Cunt

I would suggest a library far away with a stolen library card  :wink:

Adios

Quote from: Kiaransalee on September 14, 2010, 07:43:14 PM
I would suggest a library far away with a stolen library card  :wink:

I have a conservatard 'friend' who may let me use his computer.  :D

Don Coyote

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 14, 2010, 07:44:06 PM