Author Topic: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.  (Read 6896 times)

LMNO

  • Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 62158
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 12:10:51 am »
Let's save that for the next game-- I'm pretty sure its already overly complicated. I task you with a way to include Illuminati next time around.


Also, StoreBrand is playing, too.

The Johnny

  • did nots
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 3986
    • View Profile
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 12:33:55 am »

Im confused as if you are responding to Trip or me. For clarity, i wasnt implying that its necessary to include the Illuminati, i was responding to this:
 
One thought I had when reading the rules was that while the Spiders are our invention, in line with the setting, we could just as well call them Illuminati agents, in a more "traditional" Discordian sense. Not that I mind Spiders, btw.

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Triple Zero

  • DO NOT ABUSE EXCEPT FOR URGENT FURNITURE MOVING EMERGENCIES
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • **
  • Posts: 25360
  • Horrible and Sexy Queen of Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Random BIP
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2010, 01:18:33 am »
And I was actually just trying to say the Spiders reminded me of Illumati agents, in some way. Nothing about changing anything, I wouldn't know what you're planning anyway :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

  • Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 62158
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 02:23:07 pm »
Joh'Nyx sent me this PM, ad gave me permission to x-post:

Quote
-What happens when a CABAL attempts to evangelize a Spider? or The Machine?

-Is there a hierarchy of decision for who decides who will be evangelized by the CABAL?(which i think would be off-theme, recommend making it unanimous or majority)

-When a CABAL is formed, will the Discordians be able to Evangelize independently with the original success ratio? (i suggest this is implemented, to add more gameplay options)

Id like to recommend too there being two initial Discordians, and (to compensate) 4 initial Spiders; reason being that otherwise all the Discordians created know each other, and it might add to the fun having two independent Discos working independently initially (adding the possibility for a couple WTF moments)

And just for the lulz, maybe throw in a Pinealism ability, along the lines of 10% chance to Put On a Bus a random Spider with 90% of being Subdued - a trait option to become a Really Real Discordian, upping the Evangelize ability to 75% while being 75% vulnerable to Subdue.

Perhaps change the name of Evangelize to Mindfuck?

Although a Cabal is treated as one unit during turns, only one person in that Cabal will PM me their choice of who they want to convert.  If they choose to convert someone who turns out to be a Spider or The Machine, then they run the same chances as if the Spider attacked them.

The Cabal can use whatever system they want in order to choose who to evangelize.  I just need a PM from one of them when it's their turn.

Since a Cabal has a 100% chance of converting a citizen, why would they want to try to convert on their own?  But, I suppose there could be a reason.  So: When it's the Cabal's turn, the individual PMing me should indicate if they are doing it outside of the Cabal, if they choose.  The default is that it's the Cabal (that is, if they don't tell me they're doing it solo, I'm assuming they're acting on behalf of the Cabal).

I don't think we have enough players for 2 Discordians and 4 Spiders, although that would be a lot of fun.  If there's a second game, try to get more people, and we can do that.

The Pinealism idea is interesting, but it seems too complicated for me right now.  Perhaps we can develop something for the next round.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

  • Fred?
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 8013
  • Pissss
    • View Profile
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »
Are you going to clear up the rules at the beginning of the game cause im CONFUSED right now

Elder Iptuous

  • Professional Discordian and Physiognomist
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 5667
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2010, 06:55:42 pm »
Don't worry, Fred.
there's enough rules nerds present that you can simply enjoy the narrative of the game and rely on them to steer you in regards to the rules, i would imagine...

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

  • Fred?
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 8013
  • Pissss
    • View Profile
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2010, 07:00:22 pm »
no if its like the previous games i will have to be the rules nerd  :lulz:

LMNO

  • Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 62158
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2010, 02:01:09 am »
3 spiders, 1 Discordian.

Each round, 1 spider attacks, 1 discordian converts, and the citizens puts 1 person on a bus.

A cabal is treated as 1 "person".  


Jasper

  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 15822
  • Pull-Start Enema Wasteland
    • View Profile
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2010, 05:42:38 am »
The spider faction is every bit as scary as their metaphorical (real life) counterpart is.

LMNO

  • Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 62158
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2010, 12:51:34 pm »
Ok, I am going to start the game in a new thread.  Here are the players for Game 1:

BDS
Cudgel
Dok Howl
Dr James Semaj
Eater of Clowns
Frederieke van Noodleberg
Iptuous
Joh'Nyx
Mistress Freeky
phoenixofdiscordia
Remington
Requia
Rumckle
Sigmatic
Storebrand
That Green Gentleman
Triple Zero

LMNO

  • Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 62158
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2010, 04:12:32 pm »
A final(lol) clarification:  Since there are three actions that happen each round, They are being arranged in this order:

Vote
Spider
Discordian


So, if the Discordian is Put on a Bus, then no conversion happens.  Similarly, if the Spider whose turn it was gets voted off, no one is subsumed, etc.

Dysfunctional Cunt

  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 6270
    • View Profile
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2010, 04:16:12 pm »
I am going to have to watch a few rounds of this game to understand it I think.

LMNO

  • Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 62158
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: SPIDERS: A werewolf-type game.
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2010, 04:18:42 pm »
The basic structure is like Werewolves - vote/attack/repeat as necessary.

There are a few twists which give the possibility an attack may not work.

That's pretty much it.