ENTITLEMENT PROBLEMS: MAN INCENSED OVER STARBUCKS DISCRIMINATION

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 23, 2011, 08:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

There is something strangely hard to resist about a well stocked vending machine.  Especially the newer models, with their robots arms and crap.  I mean, I'd pay just to watch the machine moving stuff around.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2011, 04:10:34 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 29, 2011, 03:50:44 PM
Now I wonder what is worse, the entitled douche from the OP, or this guy that actually wrote a guide on working from coffeeshosp and not getting kicked out:

http://dcfounders.com/2011/09/entrepreneurs-guide-to-coffee-shops/

At least he's not being douchy and entitled about it and recommends tipping, but WTF ... this is a startup "thing" :|

It's a reality that people do this, so it's not really such a bad thing that the guy provided a guide to the (apparently incredibly socially inept) would-be IT entrepreneurs who are going to use coffeeshops as their offices anyway.

Although, I gotta say, at $300-$1000/month, unless they really need the social bustle of being in a coffeeshop they're better off renting someone's spare room for an office.

That's my main whut about it.

That, and the fact that a lot of coffeeshops make for really crappy offices and this "social bustle" sounds more like wanting to be part of some "scene" or other.

QuoteAnnnnnnnd suddenly I remember that the room EFO is currently in is wired as an office. HMMMMMMM. I can see that being a $400/month income generator, alla sudden.

That's a pretty good idea!

Plus you'll be renting it out to someone who wants to be left alone during work hours, just like you :)

You could even share tips about staving off that roommate of yours :) :) [after office hours, of course]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 29, 2011, 06:36:19 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2011, 04:10:34 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 29, 2011, 03:50:44 PM
Now I wonder what is worse, the entitled douche from the OP, or this guy that actually wrote a guide on working from coffeeshosp and not getting kicked out:

http://dcfounders.com/2011/09/entrepreneurs-guide-to-coffee-shops/

At least he's not being douchy and entitled about it and recommends tipping, but WTF ... this is a startup "thing" :|

It's a reality that people do this, so it's not really such a bad thing that the guy provided a guide to the (apparently incredibly socially inept) would-be IT entrepreneurs who are going to use coffeeshops as their offices anyway.

Although, I gotta say, at $300-$1000/month, unless they really need the social bustle of being in a coffeeshop they're better off renting someone's spare room for an office.

That's my main whut about it.

That, and the fact that a lot of coffeeshops make for really crappy offices and this "social bustle" sounds more like wanting to be part of some "scene" or other.

QuoteAnnnnnnnd suddenly I remember that the room EFO is currently in is wired as an office. HMMMMMMM. I can see that being a $400/month income generator, alla sudden.

That's a pretty good idea!

Plus you'll be renting it out to someone who wants to be left alone during work hours, just like you :)

You could even share tips about staving off that roommate of yours :) :) [after office hours, of course]

OMG YESSSS

In my fantasy, I will be evicting the horrible housemate in a month or two, and getting a nice normal person who works days. And then Nigel's Palace will be a peaceful haven of contentment and productivity.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on September 29, 2011, 08:46:25 PM
The hyphens.  :lulz:

That cracked me up, too.

Seriously wish the original blog post, in all its crazytown glory, was still up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."