News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

3D Printing no longer just for Rapid Prototyping

Started by Disco Pickle, September 15, 2010, 08:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Bruno

Don Coyote

Ok. I see it now. It looked like Colbert slugs for AmericaTM. What are they made from? Or is that some kind of lacquer giving them that gloss?

Bruno

They're glazed earthenware. I made the models from shapeways parts and sculpey, and then made molds from the models.

My kiln is sitting in my back yard under a canopy, wrapped in a tarp. The pipes in this picture are sitting on top of it.

They do look like some kind of slug or something though, don't they? I've been calling them "Flukes".

Don Coyote

That's awesome. Wish I had space for a kiln.

Bruno

They're hard to find a place for sometimes. When I've lived by myself, I just set it up in the kitchen, but roommates always make me do it outside.

I thought about smuggling it into my third floor apartment at one point last year. Finally decided against it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Thanks. It seems like I've been working on them forever. I was afraid they were gonna suck.

Elder Iptuous

3D 'photobooth' in Harajuku, Japan.  nice little models they spit out.  pricey though.

Also:
Makerbot now has the first 3D printer retail store.  anybody in NYC that could check it out?

Elder Iptuous

Hey, now.
3D Printing no longer just for engineers and hackerspaces.
It would seem that 3D printing will be coming to a Staples store near you! awesome...
the Mcor printer they will be using is a paper based 3d printer.  standard 3d printer resolution (50x50x100 um) ,full color (1mil + CMYK) ,pretty decent build area (256 x 169 x 150mm)

it'll be neat to see what happens bringing this to the masses with a big ass company like Staples.

Ben Shapiro

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

iSPEAKonlyFORthe23