The Kaousuu Weather Network: Hurricane Igor

Started by Suu, September 15, 2010, 04:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

It's another huge HUGE storm that will fizzle out before it gets to you.
It's interesting, but...  i dunno  :|

Suu

I don't think this one is going to cause a problem. It's going to be further out to sea than Earl...If anything we'll get good surf.

However, we CAN get 4s and 5s here, and it's happened quite often before. (just not in any of our lifetimes)...So I will continue to wait. :D

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

yeah, it's not going anywhere near anyplace that anyone gives a shit about.

Though I guess it is mildly interesting simply because of how HUGE it is. Almost as big as Luis was.

ETA: and even if it does take a jag to the west, it's supposed to be down to a 2 shortly after it passes Bermuda.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 15, 2010, 02:13:05 PM
yeah, it's not going anywhere near anyplace that anyone gives a shit about.

Though I guess it is mildly interesting simply because of how HUGE it is. Almost as big as Luis was.

ETA: and even if it does take a jag to the west, it's supposed to be down to a 2 shortly after it passes Bermuda.

Yeah, we've been in the 60s for the past few days, eventually the water will catch up.

East Coast Hustle

uhh, you'll need to be alot warmer for alot longer for a hurricane of this size to regain strength once it starts losing it. Water temp in the 60s is still too cold to keep a hurricane well-fueled.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 15, 2010, 02:24:34 PM
uhh, you'll need to be alot warmer for alot longer for a hurricane of this size to regain strength once it starts losing it. Water temp in the 60s is still too cold to keep a hurricane well-fueled.

The water temp here is still in the 70s I believe, but that's too cold already. To be fair, I've never seen the Atlantic off the coast of RI get into the 80s, but I know it's highly possible.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, usually gotta be south of Cape May for that but it does happen sometimes in warmer years between Cape Cod and Cape May.

But yeah, usually they start losing steam once they pass north of 30 degrees latitude.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I would just like to point out that this thing is nearing Bermuda.
It is fucking huge. If people live there, they'd better leave.

East Coast Hustle

I've never met anyone from Bermuda that I would consider to be an actual person.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Damn, looks like Karl is going to plow right through Veracruz, and me not able to be there to celebrate my son's first Hurricane.   :sad:

I miss that little future border hopper.  A lot.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Pterodactyl Handler