News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Become the owner of your very own immortal hamburger

Started by Cain, September 17, 2010, 03:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Some foods don't spoil naturally, like honey, IIRC.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

Quote from: Richter on September 17, 2010, 06:29:26 PM

Honey doesn't spoil, but it doesn't stay liquidy forever, either.

Richter

I'm certain those hamburgers ain't exactly poppin fresh either.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Kai

Quote from: Richter on September 17, 2010, 08:23:27 PM
I'm certain those hamburgers ain't exactly poppin fresh either.

No, but they aren't undergoing normal decomposition that meat and bread does under exposed conditions. This would suggest that they are either A) not composed of edible biological materials (such as those fungi and bacteria would make short work of) or B) pumped so full of preservatives that they cannot physically degrade.

Either way is disgusting.

Lets put it this way. When you leave meat on a counter for several days, raw or cooked, it is going to sour. It's going to attract flies, it's going to smell bad, it will not look like how it started. When you leave bread on the counter, it goes stale, it molds, it gets ugly looking.

Meat and bread that don't do these things are horror, in Roger's sense of the word. They are completely unnatural and creeptacular.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 17, 2010, 06:34:53 PM

It crystallizes, but you can reverse that with a bit of microwaving.

Honey is the only food substance that I would be not creeped out to find it didn't decompose. It has sugar concentrations so high that it kills bacteria by sucking the water out, and keeps all fungi from maturing. In that sense, as long as it's moisture content is low, it can literally last forever.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Dysfunctional Cunt

Does no one remember santa cupcake? 

There are enough preservatives in most of the shit we eat fast food or not I seriously doubt our bodies need to be embalmed when we die.

Rumckle

:sad:
I thought it was pixie dust and magic that preserved the Santa Cupcake.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 17, 2010, 04:23:01 PM
I never liked the burgers anyway. I preferred the chicken nuggets, though when I found bits of stuff (garbage stuff) in one order, I rather lost my taste for them.

I lost my taste for chicken nuggets when I learned it was made out of this stuff:

Now, the fact that it's mechanically separated chicken is one thing, but the fact that this pink goo has to be soaked in ammonia to sanitize it and then artificially reflavored just makes the whole thing seem... pointless. Pointless and disgusting.

from: http://www.businessinsider.com/chicken-nuggets-are-made-of-this-pink-goop-2010-10

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's really probably not preservatives that make the Big Macs mummify, it's the high salt and low moisture content. If you got it wet and put it in a plastic bag so it couldn't dry out, it would rot normally.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Liam on October 22, 2010, 03:05:56 PM
look for him on ebay in 2020 labeled 'Perfectly perserved Big Mac circa 2010' starting bid 10$ :D
OMFG

LIAM FUCKING WINS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Kai on September 18, 2010, 02:41:20 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 17, 2010, 06:34:53 PM

It crystallizes, but you can reverse that with a bit of microwaving.

Honey is the only food substance that I would be not creeped out to find it didn't decompose. It has sugar concentrations so high that it kills bacteria by sucking the water out, and keeps all fungi from maturing. In that sense, as long as it's moisture content is low, it can literally last forever.

Yeah, I think they've found honey in Egyptian tombs that was still edible, which I thought was kinda cool.

Quote from: Cainad on October 15, 2010, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 17, 2010, 04:23:01 PM
I never liked the burgers anyway. I preferred the chicken nuggets, though when I found bits of stuff (garbage stuff) in one order, I rather lost my taste for them.

I lost my taste for chicken nuggets when I learned it was made out of this stuff:

Now, the fact that it's mechanically separated chicken is one thing, but the fact that this pink goo has to be soaked in ammonia to sanitize it and then artificially reflavored just makes the whole thing seem... pointless. Pointless and disgusting.

from: http://www.businessinsider.com/chicken-nuggets-are-made-of-this-pink-goop-2010-10

Good Lord, why did I come back into this thread?

Blight,
-Actually feeling queasy at Cainad's whole thing here.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS