News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

The Discordian Menace

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, September 17, 2010, 07:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 12, 2011, 08:41:41 PM
Quote from: Science me, babby on December 12, 2011, 08:40:11 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 02, 2011, 06:26:46 PM
What was the deal with Vex, anyway? I always liked him, but then it seemed like something went awry.

Didn't he go completely batshit shortly (4-6 months shortly) before CU did, had a couple of failed flounces, and then one last and final flounce?

Yeah, he suddenly dumped on me & exploded.  I am like a walking piece of litmus paper, I swear to fucking God.

I think you are.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What was the deal with Vex, anyway? I always liked him, but then it seemed like something went awry.

Didn't he go completely batshit shortly (4-6 months shortly) before CU did, had a couple of failed flounces, and then one last and final flounce?

Yeah, he suddenly dumped on me & exploded.  I am like a walking piece of litmus paper, I swear to fucking God.

True story, man.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

If I could bottle you, I would.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Wait.  Was he Mr. Arial?

AFK

No, that was someone else.  And I don't recall the particulars of what lead Vex to leave.  But I didn't have an abnormal amount of negative encounters with him so as far as I'm concerned he's still a good Joe and I think it would be cool to have him around again. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah i thought vex was pretty cool too but i remember him making quick and subtle jabs at roger and then all of a sudden boom. I think at this point its sacrifice for the board god. It seems to happen every 4 to 6 months that someone has some sort of meltdown with roger and then leave. And the board god uses roger as a magnet for the sacrificial victim.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

Vex rocked. He wrote some awesome pranks, and he was the first one to run with the Intermittens idea. He edited one of my favorite Intermittens issues, and had a big role in creating OMGASM. Vex has an amazing talent for taking a joke and turning it into a slick graphic. I miss his presence here.

When Vex decided to stick a fork in it, he wrote a goodbye to the community which talked about how he didn't feel like he was cliquing with us anymore.  There were a lot of hostile reactions to it, but I don't think it was really about Roger.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: My Lady is a Cantaloupe on December 13, 2011, 12:58:52 PM
No, that was someone else.  And I don't recall the particulars of what lead Vex to leave.  But I didn't have an abnormal amount of negative encounters with him so as far as I'm concerned he's still a good Joe and I think it would be cool to have him around again. 

I talk to him on Facebook now and again.  He's in Phoenix now, which explains his absence from the board.

I thought he was fucking hilarious most of the time, but he had a habit of pulling a "rong" when he was fucked up (either inebriated or fucked in the head, not sure which).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 13, 2011, 12:56:09 PM

Wait.  Was he Mr. Arial?

I'm flattered you mixed me up with Vex, but no, I'm the Arialtard.

I don't have a fraction of his caustic writing skills.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

AFK

Quote from: Cramulus on December 13, 2011, 02:31:13 PM
Vex rocked. He wrote some awesome pranks, and he was the first one to run with the Intermittens idea. He edited one of my favorite Intermittens issues, and had a big role in creating OMGASM. Vex has an amazing talent for taking a joke and turning it into a slick graphic. I miss his presence here.

Second all of this.  Dude really did bring the thunder when he put stuff together.  There's a lot of talent in that one. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

I liked him too, and then at some moment he could suddenly become really different, like depressed or something, and get into arguments (about his own rants mostly). He was on PD for quite some time before that started happening and I think it happened like 2 or 3 times before he actually left. I have no idea what was up with that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 14, 2011, 08:49:15 PM
I liked him too, and then at some moment he could suddenly become really different, like depressed or something, and get into arguments (about his own rants mostly). He was on PD for quite some time before that started happening and I think it happened like 2 or 3 times before he actually left. I have no idea what was up with that.

The last one was really serious, like someone close to him keep an eye on him for his own safety type serious.  Perhaps that was CU, but I'm pretty sure it was Vex.

Freeky

Quote from: Cramulus on December 13, 2011, 02:31:13 PM

When Vex decided to stick a fork in it, he wrote a goodbye to the community which talked about how he didn't feel like he was cliquing with us anymore.  There were a lot of hostile reactions to it, but I don't think it was really about Roger.

I remember reading the OP before the edit, it wasn't near as nice as the one you quoted when you first responded in that thread.  It was pretty douchey, and it was a dick move to delete it after a few people responded to his douchebaggery with hostility, and from there it sort of went downhill.  So it wasn't, you know, completely unwarranted.