News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

REEFER MADNESS!!!!!!

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, September 18, 2010, 03:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2010/09/Legalizing-Marijuana-Why-Citizens-Should-Just-Say-No

QuoteMarijuana has toxic properties that can result in birth defects, pain, respiratory system damage, brain damage, and stroke.

QuoteToday, marijuana trafficking is linked to a variety of crimes, from assault and murder to money laundering and smuggling. Legalization of marijuana would increase demand for the drug and almost certainly exacerbate drug-related crime
^This one made my brain hurt.

QuoteResearch has shown that marijuana consumption may also cause "psychotic symptoms.

QuoteMarijuana, like tobacco, is addictive. One study found that more than 30 percent of adults who used marijuana in the course of a year were dependent on the drug. These individuals often show signs of withdrawal and compulsive behavior. Marijuana dependence is also responsible for a large proportion of calls to drug abuse help lines and treatment centers.

I once saw a pot addict at the bus stop on my way to work. He offered to suck my dick for a hit of pot. He had pot tracks all up and down his arms from injecting weed into his veins(probably with a dirty needle) and his teeth were bloody and rotted from pot mouth. That poor poor bastard. Whatever you do, dont do Marijuana.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

The Johnny

Most of these is obvious crap, BUT

-Birth defects im sure can come up if you light up while pregnant

-If you are borderline psychotic, it can surely give you the little nudge you "need" to become full blown.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Telarus

Hmmm, let's take a look at those pregnancy claims.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/june272010/marijuana-infants-sc.php

QuoteBut all this is just conjecture on my part. Just me, grouping together various studies to make a theory about "failure to thrive" babies. Medical science surely isn't going to say that having Mom smoking a little pot in the evening is going to help her baby do better, is it?

Well, tonight, I found a study that seems to say just that! It's a sad little thing - an abstract of a study on the death of babies - yet vital facts can be learned from those soulless statistical studies. This one gave the infant death rates per 1,000 live births, and the drugs, if any, that the mother used during pregnancy.

A total of 2,964 babies were drug-tested at birth to see if they were positive for drugs - cocaine, opioids or cannabis were studied. 44% of the infants tested positive for all varieties of drugs, including the 3 being studied. During the first two years of their lives, 44 babies from the original group died. Since statistics are a drag to slog through, I'll cut right to the chase - the deaths per thousand live births - the numbers tell the story.

"No drugs at birth" deaths....... 15.7 deaths per 1000 live births

"Cocaine positive" deaths.......17.7 deaths per 1000 live births

"Opiate positive" deaths.......18.4 deaths per 1000 live births

"Cannabis positive" deaths.... 8.9 deaths per 1000 live births [5]

The cocaine and opiate babies have a higher death rate than the "No drugs" babies - that was to be expected. But look at the "cannabis" babies! Having extra cannabinoids in their bodies at birth (and likely later, from 2nd-hand exposure, or breast milk) seems to have some sort of a protective effect. The "cannabis" infants have a mortality rate almost half of what the "No drugs" infants have!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Johnny

Ok fine, death might not be a side effect of the mother smoking pot - but death isnt the only thing one has to worry about.

Id be worried about cognitive and sensory-motor development too, amongst other things.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Prince Glittersnatch III

It gets better.

The Author of the Article is Charles Stimson.
http://www.heritage.org/about/staff/s/charles-cully-stimson
His biggest claim to fame was Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary for Detainee Affairs, where he advised the Secretary of Defense on detainee issues worldwide, including at Guantanamo Bay, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Waterboarding, my anti-drug.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Telarus

There's a lot of research out there. This woman did a 10 year study in Jamaica (on smokers and non-smokers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuiP8F-lITA http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5229180006956120312#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9WorIM0RhA
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

East Coast Hustle

25 pages. I'm calling it now.

Also, posting in this thread.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,

Jasper

ECH, that's like those guys on the price is right who guess one dollar.  You know better.  :lulz:

Requia ☣

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 18, 2010, 04:14:12 AM

No way do we get off this with less than 30, probably not less than 36.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Epimetheus

:x toward all this shit.
Nevertheless, I am against the proposition.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cain

46 pages.

Anything that comes from the "Heritage Foundation", a far-right holding pen for poor, put upon Republicans with degrees think tank is going to be batting at at least 60-70% bullshit and lies, sometimes higher.  The problem is they will seed occasional truths, or half-truths, or things which are almost true but they've purposefully misunderstood and rephrased so it sounds like the true thing it is referring to but actually isnt, just to fuck with your head.  As such, they're not worth the effort, and at the same time slightly more accurate than the pro-drug sites which claim smoking pot makes you more intelligent and the Fundie sites which claim smoking pot makes you more open to demonic possession.

Cramulus

It looks like you want to start a thread about drugs. Would you like to revisit an existing topic, or start a new one?
                        /

A sample of existing threads which discuss marijuana / effects / legalization:

So, the economist and time agree: It's about fucking time to LEGALISE IT: 40 pages

Pot/drugs: An all-encompassing explanation.: 48 pages

Paid to smoke Pot: a mere 6 pages!

War on Drugs finally makes sense!: 11 pages

California to legalize pot!: 16 pages

Well, there goes prohibition south of the border: 5 pages

Have you met my friend Mary?: 7 pages

Psychedelics question: 27 pages

Drug cartels sully US forests: Solution: Hate pot smokers.: 7 pages

THE PROPITIATION OF ST GULIK: 7 pages

average length: 17.4 pages

Kai

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 18, 2010, 04:14:12 AM

Good call. Toasting in this fread.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish