News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

REEFER MADNESS!!!!!!

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, September 18, 2010, 03:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

We need you to help hit 30 pages  :argh!:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

AFK

Heh, hit. 

Maybe next week if it's still alive. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on September 18, 2010, 10:22:04 PM

I think that burden of proof is on those arguing that pot is good for babies.

Nobody is. Someone just posted some statistics refuting the knee-jerk assumption that pot must be bad for them.

If you want to claim that smoking pot during pregnancy is bad OR good, you will need to come up with some kind of evidence. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke out your ass and would be better off saying nothing at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Only ten pages. This fread is moving sloooooow.

Hosting in this bread.

AFK

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 18, 2010, 03:10:16 AM
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2010/09/Legalizing-Marijuana-Why-Citizens-Should-Just-Say-No
QuoteResearch has shown that marijuana consumption may also cause "psychotic symptoms.

QuoteMarijuana, like tobacco, is addictive. One study found that more than 30 percent of adults who used marijuana in the course of a year were dependent on the drug. These individuals often show signs of withdrawal and compulsive behavior. Marijuana dependence is also responsible for a large proportion of calls to drug abuse help lines and treatment centers.

These two are true, by the way.  Granted, for the first, it entails rather heavy usage. 

The second, I've seen the data first hand.  The #1 substance in Maine for which adolescents are admitted into treatment is marijuana followed fairly closely by alcohol.  Though, I think you would find that many really have addictions or issues with both. 

RWHN,
tease

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 19, 2010, 09:48:25 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 18, 2010, 03:10:16 AM
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2010/09/Legalizing-Marijuana-Why-Citizens-Should-Just-Say-No
QuoteResearch has shown that marijuana consumption may also cause "psychotic symptoms.

QuoteMarijuana, like tobacco, is addictive. One study found that more than 30 percent of adults who used marijuana in the course of a year were dependent on the drug. These individuals often show signs of withdrawal and compulsive behavior. Marijuana dependence is also responsible for a large proportion of calls to drug abuse help lines and treatment centers.

These two are true, by the way.  Granted, for the first, it entails rather heavy usage. 

The second, I've seen the data first hand.  The #1 substance in Maine for which adolescents are admitted into treatment is marijuana followed fairly closely by alcohol.  Though, I think you would find that many really have addictions or issues with both. 

RWHN,
tease

You said for adolescents. Isnt it a possibility that their parents made them go?
What are the statistics for Adults?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

AFK

In some cases, sure, but in my experience, largely no.  See, in Maine adolescents have special rights when it comes to pursuing services for drug treatment as well as services for reproductive health.  The parents don't have to be involved at all and have no right to know if their child is seeking or receiving services.  And because I know someone else will point this out, yes, some of the admissions are court compelled as well, but they don't make up the majority.  My suspicion is that we're only going to see this get worse here in Maine as the medical marijuana operations get off the ground. 

For adults I'd have to look up the statistics.  My professional work in substance abuse prevention focuses on adolescents so I don't know the figures off hand.  My suspicion is that it is the reverse with alcohol being #1 and marijuana being second. 

Requia ☣

how many teens are using alcohol and how many are using marijuana?

Requia ☣

Also, I'd point out court compelled treatment would be pretty much the same rate for booze and weed in teens, I can't imagine judges are any happier with a 15 year old drinking than they are with a 15 year old lighting up.

AFK

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 19, 2010, 10:27:43 PM
how many teens are using alcohol and how many are using marijuana?

In Maine past 30 day use of alcohol is just under 30%.  For marijuana it is 16%.  We are slightly above average compared to the nation in both categories.  These numbers are starting to increase again thanks to the pittance in funding we are getting to do our work. 

East Coast Hustle

I recently quit smoking weed cold-turkey and had no problem at all.

I think anyone who has "withdrawal symptoms" or anything like that from pot is probably a pussy.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

I'd also be curious to see how many of the non-court compelled cases were still an individual who recently had a marijuana charge against them. Sometimes people voluntarily enter treatment in an attempt to get charges or sentences reduced, or to have it on the record that they successfully completed treatment so that the charge won't have as heavy a negative effect on future employment or education applications.

I mean really...."addicted" to pot? Gimme a break. Coffee, TV, and junk food are all far more addictive substances.

Casual marijuana use would be fine if we could just get rid of all the stupid stoners.

ECH,
this thread WILL hit 25 pages. Or else.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Prince Glittersnatch III

In my personal experience the only people who Ive met who were "addicted" to pot were the same kinds of people who would sniff paint or drink mouthwash to get high. They werent addicted to pot they were addicted to escaping reality.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Phox

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 20, 2010, 01:50:09 AM
In my personal experience the only people who Ive met who were "addicted" to pot were the same kinds of people who would sniff paint or drink mouthwash to get high. They werent addicted to pot they were addicted to escaping reality.

Same here. The people who I have met who get addicted to marijuana are the people who will get addicted to anything.

Freeky

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 20, 2010, 01:53:01 AM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 20, 2010, 01:50:09 AM

Same here. The people who I have met who get addicted to marijuana are the people who will get addicted to anything.

I used to be that kind of person, mixed with the kind of person who always talked about breaking the rules but adhered to them closely.

I got better, thankfully.