News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Running

Started by Adios, September 18, 2010, 09:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

I am running. Something is after me, and I don't know what it is, but I do know if I stop I am doomed. So I run.
Sometimes I feel like I am gaining, and other times this thing feels right on my heels.

I have been running for a very long time. The shadows are getting deeper, the open spaces wider. In the forest the trees are getting closer together, any closer and I may not be able to squeeze between them.

I keep running. I am growing tired, but there is no slowing down. I am thirsty, but there is no drink. I am running.

I have been running so long now I can't remember why I was ever running, but something won't let me stop, so I keep running.

I am so very tired, my run is now a shuffling, stumbling walk, but i don't dare stop. My vision is hazy, my throat is burning from thirst. I know I am going to lose this race and I am afraid.

Finally I fall from exhaustion. I hear my pursuer coming closer, I try to crawl, but my body is spent, so I must lay still.

I can see it's shadow now. I know I must roll over and face this thing. It takes more effort than I thought I could manage, but I am on my back to face this thing.

Finally I see a shape, it is coming.

There it is. Now I can see what I was so terrified of. I start laughing, then I am screaming.

With now more interest than fear I watch as it leans over me and smiles. The smile is not terrible.

It is mine.

Adios

I guess this one sucked.  :lulz:

Maybe next one.

Phox

I liked it.  :) or maybe it's more  :horrormirth:

Adios

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 19, 2010, 04:08:10 AM

Thanks, they can't all be good. I don't mind failing.

Phox

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on September 19, 2010, 04:11:04 AM

That's true. I wish I didn't mind failing, or I might have posted something of my own in here. But I don't think I know exactly what I want to write yet anyway... maybe soon the time will be right and i will know what I want to say.

Adios

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 19, 2010, 04:15:04 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on September 19, 2010, 04:11:04 AM

That's true. I wish I didn't mind failing, or I might have posted something of my own in here. But I don't think I know exactly what I want to write yet anyway... maybe soon the time will be right and i will know what I want to say.

You will Dawn, you will.

Penumbral

The repetition makes this one really hard to read.

Also I do not get the significance of you chasing yourself.

Adios

Quote from: Penumbral on September 20, 2010, 12:18:29 AM
The repetition makes this one really hard to read.

Also I do not get the significance of you chasing yourself.

It's about trying to run away from ones self, and in the end having to face yourself after all.

Dysfunctional Cunt