News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Hipsters fucking love the hurdy-gurdy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 18, 2010, 09:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

All I know is now I want to see several hurdy-gurdy hooked up a machine that automatically plays them using an overly elaborate steam powered engine.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cudgel on September 18, 2010, 11:23:48 PM
All I know is now I want to see several hurdy-gurdy hooked up a machine that automatically plays them using an overly elaborate steam powered engine.

Wouldnt the heat and humidty from the steam cause them to go out of tune quicker?
  \
:jabroni:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Don Coyote

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 19, 2010, 12:16:26 AM

Wouldnt the heat and humidty from the steam cause them to go out of tune quicker?
  \

Excellent point...also, damn you.

Juana

Nevertheless, that would still be pretty cool.

I think hipsters are silly, but they keep open a few places I really like (my favorite tea house, for example, is hipster central but they keep it going), so I've decided I don't mind them.

But, we also keep ours cowed. Any of that mocking shit they're famous for immediately gets turned around on them and squared, so mebbe that's why ours are ok.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cudgel on September 19, 2010, 12:17:27 AM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 19, 2010, 12:16:26 AM

\

Excellent point...also, damn you.

Your dreams need not be forfeit good chap. A clockwork device of similar design could achieve the same effect while achieving a similar aesthetic("steampunk") as well.
           \
   :judge:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Roaring Biscuit!

In the future I am going to build a hurdy-gurdy.

Not because I'm a hipster,
Because I'm awesome.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on September 19, 2010, 01:00:32 AM
In the future I am going to build a hurdy-gurdy.

Not because I'm a hipster,
Because I'm awesome.

Being awesome is SO mainstream now.

E.O.T.

I DID NOT

watch the whole video, but I've seen a few folks play the hurdy gurdy and it makes some pretty awesome sounds. I doubt they'll get nearly as popular as mustaches because they're mostly custom built and pretty damn spendy. like, thousands of PBR's spendy.

WHAT

tipped you off to the hipsters bent on hurdy gurdy idea?

CUDGEL-

i love that idea!! tune change/ adjustment could just be part of the process. Imagine "take me out to the ballgame" on 23 steampowered hurdy gurdies!!

"a good fight justifies any cause"

tyrannosaurus vex

Internal dialogue in my head:

ME1: This thread makes me wonder, am I a hipster?
ME2: Uhh... you wear jackboots with knee-high athletic socks and pinstripe slacks cut off at the knees. And nobody thinks you're cool.
ME1: Oh yeah. SAVED!
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Don Coyote

Quote from: vexati0n on September 19, 2010, 02:03:45 AM

ME2: Uhh... you wear jackboots with knee-high athletic socks and pinstripe slacks cut off at the knees. And nobody thinks you're cool.

Hipster in denial. No one thinks hipsters are cool. Hipsters wear random clothes that make no sense.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cudgel on September 19, 2010, 02:10:03 AM

Hipster in denial. No one thinks hipsters are cool. Hipsters wear random clothes that make no sense.

Hipsters think hipsters are cool.

Don Coyote

Quote from: vexati0n on September 19, 2010, 02:15:32 AM

There is probably secret hipster lusting going on behind your back.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cudgel on September 19, 2010, 02:29:16 AM
Quote from: vexati0n on September 19, 2010, 02:15:32 AM

There is probably secret hipster lusting going on behind your back.

In that case, I should get some thick-framed glasses and a turtleneck. If there's somebody lusting after me, I'd hate for them to keep it a secret.

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on September 18, 2010, 09:58:26 PM
They fucking love it. They are all over that shit. It's the new banjo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWoPyDLY2Do

I liked the hurdy-gurdy before it was cool.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

I used to worry that I was a hipster.  Then I realized that I hate cheap beer, dress like someone who has a job and a home, and have a visceral dislike for "authentic" things like indie music and mid century home furnishings.  And I prefer wireframes.