News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

SPIDERS: It's not a game.

Started by LMNO, September 21, 2010, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The players:
BDS
Cudgel
Dok Howl
Dr James Semaj
Eater of Clowns
Frederieke van Noodleberg
Iptuous
Joh'Nyx
Mistress Freeky
phoenixofdiscordia
Remington
Requia
Rumckle
Sigmatic
Storebrand
That Green Gentleman
Triple Zero

The rules:
-Each round, everyone in the game must post before the vote can be taken.  A majority vote will kick one person out of the game.  
-Each round, a Spider will attack someone.  If they succeed, that person is out of the game.  
-Each round, a Discordian will choose someone to convert. If they succeed, that person becomes a Discordian.

Game ends when either the Spiders are defeated, or they subsume everyone.  There are finer points, but I will go over them when and if the situation occurs.

LMNO

Morning breaks in The City... Not so much a break as a slow tear in the night's hold, the sun like a wet yellow marble pushing through tissue paper in an overcast sky.  The bleak, uncomfortable angles of various half-used skyscrapers line the horizon like an orthodontist's night mare.  The City wakes up.

A pall has fallen over the citizens of The City.  There is a quiet dread on their doorsteps.  Somewhere in the night, or perhaps in an accumulation of a lifetime of nights, the citizens had lost something.  Life had become a flat, two-dimensional representation of respiration, punctuated by trips to the coffee machine.  Most of the citizens had a distant memory of when The City was young, before the bright colors in the streets faded and chipped to become miasmic hieroglyphs. 

It was almost time.  The Spider opened its six eyes and looked over The City as the morning commute began.  The ground had been set over an eternity of apathy and escapism, and would soon yield its fertile fruits.  Tomorrow... Yes, tomorrow The Spider would cast its web over the fractured landscape of The City and begin its feast.  It could sense the coming of The Machine™.  It could feel the inexorable power.  The inevitability.

Somewhere in the monotony, a mind awoke.  A flash of insight, a playful grin, and a plan.  A way to get back to the before, and a way forward into something new.  Something bad was approaching, but it was important to know that it could be stopped.  It was time to go out there, and make a difference.  It was time to tell the others.

The Citizens held a town hall meeting.  In their hearts, they knew that something in The City meant them harm, but they didn't know what to do about it.  How do you deal with a formless, nameless, intangible threat?  Eventually, it was agreed that the only thing that could be done was to find out who is most responsible for the heavy, morose weight that has befallen The City.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Round 1 has begun.  Every player must make one post before a vote can be held.  The soonest the next round will begin is in 24 hours.

Triple Zero

Guys, I have the feeling something eldritchy could be afoot...

... is that your spider-sense tingling or are you just happy to see me?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Phox

Well, the scene is set. Let's get started, then.

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Don Coyote

I am afraid. Very afraid. Also is it a bad portent that a spider just fell on my head?

Freeky

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 21, 2010, 03:27:44 PM
TRIPLE ZERO IS THE SPIDER.

My how lovely your multiple eyes are Mistress of the Meathammah.

Freeky

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Don Coyote

Elder Iptuous

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube