If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

SPIDERS: It's not a game.

Started by LMNO, September 21, 2010, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

The Johnny

Im gonna rofl reallly hard if you guys manage to lose the game.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Don Coyote

Quote from: ☂ Frederieke ☂ on September 30, 2010, 02:59:36 AM
wait who are you

The only guy to be willing to help the poor Citizens who sent him on a bus to Seattle, and who correctly identified the last 2 spiders. You guys can trust me.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Eater of Clowns

I've given my reason, Freeky, and I hope the fact that I've been acting to benefit the citizens' winning has been clear.  I've been wrong, yeah, but so has everyone here.

I did point out that the people who didn't vote for Pho were suspicious, myself included.  I gave my reason, and I stick by it, and I'll be revisiting that reason after the INEVITABLE AWESOME VICTORY OF THE CITIZENS.  Actually, Ippie's failure to convincingly argue why he didn't vote for Pho is what led me to cast my vote against him (the first vote against him, for the record, so you know I wasn't going with the flow to stay alive).

Anyone still alive is a suspect, even though statisically they're not likely to actually be the Spider.  But if we're just throwing accusations around, Freeky, why are you so keen to determine who is next to go when we haven't even found out if Dok's our man yet?

It's a clever foundation you're working on.  Last round, you voted for me and said you thought I was the Spider even after it was clear Joh'Nyx would be going, without even giving a reason.  So now it's already in people's heads.  Now, you're re-establishing the distrust with a reason, in spite of me having already addressed it, to further sew that seed.  I can expect that if, somehow, Dok is not the Spider, that next round I'll be the target you focus on in hopes to get support.  Sounds exactly like how a Spider would divert attention.

BUT - I'm not accusing you of being the Spider.  Like I said, everyone still around is a suspect.  What I'm doing is making it clear that any action, significant or not, can be used as evidence against someone.  Cudgel pointed this out right before getting sent out (so, clearly, it's smart of me to use this proven ineffective technique  :lol:).

Man this game is fun.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

To be honest, I'm just trying to think ahead here. I am very suspicious of Dok, particularly since he's been acting the same IRL as he has ITT, but he's denied being a spider so emphatically whenever I asked if he was that he might be telling the truth. So I dunno, that post was mostly for my own benefit, but also to get other people thinking, too.

Freeky

Also for reasons I can't explain, I'm suspicious of Trip. Probably he isn't one though.

Yeah, I was just reminded that Trip came up with the idea of the other discordian telling cudgel who the spider was, so yeah. I'm a dumbass. :lulz:

The Johnny

Trip is suspiciously unsuspicious  8)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Freeky

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on September 30, 2010, 03:23:56 AM

Trip is suspiciously unsuspicious  8)

It's because he's Belgian or Norse or something.

Remington

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 30, 2010, 02:48:48 AM
Quote from: Lady Nyx on September 30, 2010, 02:46:38 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 30, 2010, 02:40:36 AM
Okay, it's a given that Dok is the spider, or at least seems to be. But what if he isn't?

Let's look at possibilities for AFTER Dok gets the boot, and it turns out he's not.

Requia barely posts, as does Storebrand, but they're usually on. So does BDS, and Remmy. Are they trying to fly under the radar? Maybe.

Also, EOC didn't vote against Pho when Cudgel told us the other discordian told him she was a spider, which is suspicious as fuck. If you recall, Ippie did the same thing, I think.

Voting for Dok, but there are other targets to consider, if it turns out he's one of us.

Remmy got subsumed, so... Remmy was not the spider. Just sayin'.

Yeah, yeah. After today, give me some slack on the particulars, okay? It was ABYSMAL.
I am the trickiest damn Spider there ever was. I subsumed myself to throw you people off my trail  :link:
Is it plugged in?

Phox

Quote from: Remington on September 30, 2010, 03:31:33 AM
Okay, it's a given that Dok is the spider, or at least seems to be. But what if he isn't?

Let's look at possibilities for AFTER Dok gets the boot, and it turns out he's not.

Requia barely posts, as does Storebrand, but they're usually on. So does BDS, and Remmy. Are they trying to fly under the radar? Maybe.

Also, EOC didn't vote against Pho when Cudgel told us the other discordian told him she was a spider, which is suspicious as fuck. If you recall, Ippie did the same thing, I think.

Voting for Dok, but there are other targets to consider, if it turns out he's one of us.

Yeah, yeah. After today, give me some slack on the particulars, okay? It was ABYSMAL.
I am the trickiest damn Spider there ever was. I subsumed myself to throw you people off my trail  :link:

Wow. That was a brilliant strategy. Now no one will suspect that you are spider, what with you being out of the game and all.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

DRIEVOUDNUL IS ONZE VERLOSSER!!!!!!

Remington

Quote from: Lady Nyx on September 30, 2010, 03:32:55 AM
Quote from: Remington on September 30, 2010, 03:31:33 AM

Wow. That was a brilliant strategy. Now no one will suspect that you are spider, what with you being out of the game and all.
:magick:
Is it plugged in?

Freeky