News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

SPIDERS: It's not a game.

Started by LMNO, September 21, 2010, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ☂ Kim Jong Fred ☂ on October 01, 2010, 12:59:01 AM
oh so he can explained to the subsumed people why he isnt a spider but not the rest of us. i seeeeee

Fred.  I gotta ask you...Do you REALLY want me having your cell #?
Molon Lube

Jasper

Not so much that, as the way he said it was very convincing.

Which is to say, loudly and probably in a speeding vehicle with no top.  :lulz:

You guys should find someone else to bus.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Rumckle

It's for the greater good, Dok
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Storebrand

Another vote for Dok. So, 8 for Dok and 2 for Fred.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

LMNO

LMNO

The citizens were puzzled.  That should have worked.  They were told that Joh'Nyx was to blame.  They had trusted—

Nine heads turned and faced Dok Howl.  He shrugged his shoulders.  "What?"

"Why the hell did you tell us to do that?"

"He was obviously the wrong kind of person."

"What?"

"He was a threat to national security."

"You're an absolute nutter."

"HA!  It was for the greater good."

"Ok, that's it.  You're out of here."

"FOOLS! If you do not follow me, you will all surely die!"

[aside] "Can someone call security?"

"SUCKERS!  YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF SUCKERS!  THE SPIDERS WILL GET US ALL!  YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!"

That was when the bartender pulled out a tazer and fired 50,000 volts into Dok Howl.  Sparks flashed from his fillings, and he began to cackle.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! FEAR ME, HEED ME AND LISTEN!  IF I AM CAST ASIDE, NONE SHALL SURVIVE!"

He was still hurling mockery and invectives when they finally dragged him out.  Dok Howl was last seen on a bus to Tuscon.

But it turns out, he was right about one thing...

Dok Howl is out of the game.  He was not the last Spider.

Later...

"You look troubled."

A shadow fell over me.  Ah, Marvin.  "Oh, it's you.  Hey.  Yeah, I'm kind of bummed out."

"What's up?"

"It's just that nothing seems to be going right.  I keep trying to make decisions, but then don't work out.  What am I doing wrong?"

"Oh, that's easy.  You're trying too hard."

"What is that, some sort of pseudo-Zen bullshit?"

"No, you really need to just stop making decisions.

I had no idea what Marvin was talking about.  He stepped closer.  Putting a hand on my shoulder, he leaned in close, and said, "Stop thinking so hard."  His grip was tight, almost painful.

"Ow, hey, cut it out!"

"Listen.  Stop thinking.  It's the only way."

Too late, I figured it out.  I tried to run, but there was something wrapped around my feet.  Marvin leaned in even closer, and I could feel his breath on my neck.

"No more thinking, Requia."

Requia has been subsumed by the Spider.  He is out of the game.

Jack looked across the poker table at Bob.  "You know, Bob, I've been thinking."

"Yeah?  I bet $20."

"Raise $40.  I think we've been going about this entirely the wrong way."

"I'll raise another $10.  How do you mean?"

Jack glanced to one side conspiratorially.  "What if this whole thing isn't about who to blame, but about just getting the hell up and doing stuff yourself?"  He tossed another $20 on the table.  "Raise $10."

"I don't follow you."

"Why do we keep blaming our situation on everything except ourselves?  What if the whole answer is that we have to do the work on our own?"

"Sounds reasonable.  Call.  But how do we go about doing that?"

"By forgetting all the rules, and making up our own.  What you got?"

"Straight, Queen high.  I'm still not following you."

"Like this."  Jack laid his hand down on the table.  Bob, looked over at the cards, puzzled.  Smiling, Jack said, "I have the Ace of Spags, the Pi of Pies, the Five of Fives, The Shoe of Fish, and the Blank Card.  I win."

A grin spread over Bob's face.  "Are you...?"

"Yup.  You in?"

"You bet."

Discordian conversion: Successful.

LMNO

Round 7 has begun.  

Votes needed to put someone On a Bus: 5. (8/2=4+1= 5)

Voting will not be official until all citizens have posted (storebrand optional).

Doktor Howl

HAHAHA!  I TOLD YOU BASTARDS!  NOW YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!
Molon Lube

Freeky

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2010, 01:24:39 PM
HAHAHA!  I TOLD YOU BASTARDS!  NOW YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!

I want everyone to know that I did recant and say that Dok wasn't the Spider.  :lulz:

You all deserve it.

Eater of Clowns

Dok, at least you had a hell of an outro.   :lulz: 

8 left: 1 Spider, 4 Discordians, 3 Citizens

I said it last round, and I'd like to reiterate it, I don't think it benefits us to ship anybody off.  Right now we have no decent leads.  The Discordians know who one another are, and as the rounds go on they'll either keep building forces or stumble upon the remaining Spider, at which point they can just all vote the Spider off.

Freeky, Fred, and I are the three chief suspects right now, because we've been pretty vocal, and the chances that at least one of us is a Discordian are pretty high.  If we get rid of a Discordian, and the Spider subsumes another (which has a 50% chance of being a Discordian), the citizens are down to 5 and STILL won't know who the Spider is.  I don't want to hemorrhage our forces any more than necessary.  I think time is on the side of the Discordians.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Sure.  You say that AFTER you ship me off.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 01, 2010, 03:15:29 PM
Dok, at least you had a hell of an outro.   :lulz: 

8 left: 1 Spider, 4 Discordians, 3 Citizens

I said it last round, and I'd like to reiterate it, I don't think it benefits us to ship anybody off.  Right now we have no decent leads.  The Discordians know who one another are, and as the rounds go on they'll either keep building forces or stumble upon the remaining Spider, at which point they can just all vote the Spider off.

Freeky, Fred, and I are the three chief suspects right now, because we've been pretty vocal, and the chances that at least one of us is a Discordian are pretty high.  If we get rid of a Discordian, and the Spider subsumes another (which has a 50% chance of being a Discordian), the citizens are down to 5 and STILL won't know who the Spider is.  I don't want to hemorrhage our forces any more than necessary.  I think time is on the side of the Discordians.

You're the only one who calls me a "chief suspect," dude. And the only reason Fred is another is that Dok was so vocal in calling for her bussing. :lol: