News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

SPIDERS: It's not a game.

Started by LMNO, September 21, 2010, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Umm, for unified spiderness I vote for Sig! That subsumed bastard!  :lulz:

Jasper

tsssssssssss

*drools venom*

Since this game started, I've been staring at spiders a lot more recently.  It is kind of incredible, if you get the chance, to watch a spider construct a web from scratch.  They're kinda genius for that, and the dexterity and fine motor controls they've got are unfathomable.

Uh, I mean down with the spiders :argh!:

Elder Iptuous

have you ever seen a retarded spider?
i mean one that obviously was dosed with some chemical, or had some horrible mutation which prevents it from working right?
i watched this one spider construct a 'web' where he kept going around in the same ring over and over and over.
for, like, 20 minutes, she twiddled her spinnerets continuously for nothing.
terribly frustrating to watch...

Jasper

I would've just killed it.  No sense letting it increase my universe's entropy.  I mean, it probably wasn't happy.

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 04:31:14 AM
I would've just killed it.  No sense letting it increase my universe's entropy.  I mean, it probably wasn't happy.
:lulz:

bds

LMNO

That Green Gentleman rushed about her room, frantically throwing clothes and other assorted things into a backpack.  She knew they'd be coming for her any minute.  She glanced out her apartment window, and saw the ragged horde marching up the street.  Only five of them left.  Five, she thought to herself.  The universe is an ironic bastard.

She walked swiftly to the back fire escape, and scuttled up to the roof.  She'd have to get away, recoup, find more of her kind somewhere else.  Maybe New Jersey.  At the very least, it was a plan.  Without looking back, she hopped and scrambled her way from building to building, following the setting sun.

The last of the citizens burst through TGG's door, looking wary but angry.  However, it soon became apparent that the last Spider had left town.  Relieved, they all started to smile.  The final strands of oppressive coercion had lifted from their hearts.  They knew that this was the end.  Never again would they feel the soul-sucking ennui.  Never another endless routine of work, eating, sleeping.  And now, they're never going to give it up.  It's never gonna let them down.  Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

THE SPIDERS HAVE BEEN DEFEATED. THE GAME HAS ENDED.

In case you were wondering, this is what my spreadsheet looked like by the end of the game:

Well, that was fun.  Now, to review what worked and what didn't, and refine the game mechanics.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Triple Zero

First off, MOTHERFUCKING SCRITTENS to LMNO, for the best (IMO) narration in a werewolf-type game I've seen so far!!

(as far as refining game mechanics, I dunno yet, I'm gonna wait for other's remarks and add to that.)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

:oops:

Aww, thanks.

I'll start a new sign up thread, and we can discuss what worked and what didn't.

Eater of Clowns

Yeah, LMNO, that was phenomenal.  The narration made it.  Thanks a bunch.   :D
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

I think it worked just fine the way it was.

But Ima have my revenge on you for naming me "Alice".
Molon Lube

LMNO

Just the luck of the draw, princess.

Elder Iptuous

Good game, LMNO!
that was a lot of fun, and i know everyone appreciates the effort it took to run it.  :)
:golfclap:

The Wizard

Want in the next game. Definitely.
Insanity we trust.