News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

ATTN: DOKTOR HOWL

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, September 21, 2010, 09:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Jesus, Vex. I'm about the most difficult person here to really piss off, and that was fucking uncalled for.

Really? are you honestly suggesting that because Roger doesn't hate me, I'm part of his pecking order???

I think my record here speaks quite clearly, I speak for myself and march to the beat of nobody's drummer but my own.

Have your stupid pissing match with Roger all you want, but you might want to think twice about the crap that's making it's way from your fingers to your keyboard while you're doing so.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2010, 12:01:02 AM
Quote from: vexati0n on September 21, 2010, 09:56:32 PM

I don't think that's quite fair. Dok doesn't hate all people, just the ones who are too full of gall, who lack a proper understanding and acceptance of their places in the pecking order.

I really can't quite get over the way you just insulted, in a single swoop, all of Roger's friends and everyone he respects. We, apparently, by virtue of not being hated, are all boot-lickers, content with our "place in the pecking order". All controlled, of course, by his mind lazors because we are incapable of thinking for ourselves.

Fuck you.

In fact,

No.

a) I never said Dok was at the top of the pecking order to begin with, but he is a strong proponent of the the "You're not one of the cool kids, eat shit and shut your hole" school of thought.

b) An entire thread devoted to bashing an inane subculture based on fluff and defining oneself strictly by appearances, I can dig that. The devolution of that thread into "do you think I'm a hipster too?" whether the question is asked of Dok or anyone else, is a parody of the entire premise of the thread. My little jab at Dok in the OP of this thread was only mean to stir the shit, it wasn't the cosmic insult he imagines it was, although his cosmic tantrum stands, imho.

c) It has become increasingly clear over the past few months that PD is not the place for the discussion of new ideas from relatively anonymous pranksters and weirdos that it once was, but a clubhouse for a cabal of IRL buddies (and privileged exceptions) to trade inside jokes and retread old territory. If my tone toward Dok seems out of place, maybe it is because what is "in place" is a bit too rigidly enforced around here.

It's not that PD is some TGRR/Dok Personality Cult, although it's fairly easy to see where people get that misconception. It's that PD is an attraction point for naturally goofy, weird, outcast, socially inept people who think that maybe if they started talking to people like them, they might make a few friends, or they might accomplish something cool, or they might just have a way to escape the bullshit of in-crowds and cliques and Us vs Them that they get a head full of everywhere else. It's too bad that once they get here, they find out that this place is really just a circle jerk masquerading as a Discordian think tank, where what you get depends on who you know. Dok just happens to be the biggest target among those who enforce that order around here.

PS - Dok, that doesn't mean I'm calling you fat.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Faust

Quote from: vexati0n on September 22, 2010, 12:31:52 AM

c) It has become increasingly clear over the past few months that PD is not the place for the discussion of new ideas from relatively anonymous pranksters and weirdos that it once was, but a clubhouse for a cabal of IRL buddies (and privileged exceptions) to trade inside jokes and retread old territory. If my tone toward Dok seems out of place, maybe it is because what is "in place" is a bit too rigidly enforced around here.

Enforced? Examples please.
Every forum has its own tone and dialect, this one is no difference, but if this place ever became an "exclusive" clubhouse, I'd wash my hands of it.
I see where you are coming from with that, especially in apple talk with many of the personal references made to IRL activities, but on the other hand I see plenty of stuff from NEW people around the world who aren't excluded and do get their ideas discussed just as well as anyone who has been here for years.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think that's quite fair. Dok doesn't hate all people, just the ones who are too full of gall, who lack a proper understanding and acceptance of their places in the pecking order.

I really can't quite get over the way you just insulted, in a single swoop, all of Roger's friends and everyone he respects. We, apparently, by virtue of not being hated, are all boot-lickers, content with our "place in the pecking order". All controlled, of course, by his mind lazors because we are incapable of thinking for ourselves.

Fuck you.

In fact,

No.

a) I never said Dok was at the top of the pecking order to begin with, but he is a strong proponent of the the "You're not one of the cool kids, eat shit and shut your hole" school of thought.

b) An entire thread devoted to bashing an inane subculture based on fluff and defining oneself strictly by appearances, I can dig that. The devolution of that thread into "do you think I'm a hipster too?" whether the question is asked of Dok or anyone else, is a parody of the entire premise of the thread. My little jab at Dok in the OP of this thread was only mean to stir the shit, it wasn't the cosmic insult he imagines it was, although his cosmic tantrum stands, imho.

You said that he only doesn't hate people who accept their place in the pecking order. That's insulting to those of us he doesn't hate, whether he's at the top or not.

Do you really think that's what the hurdy-gurdy thread is all about? Did you even read it? Because if you really think that's what that thread is for AFTER reading it, you are really not capable of thinking outside of your little box.

I'm not going to bother addressing the rest of your butthurt, other than saying that you clearly couldn't recognize culture jamming if it was happening right under your nose. Which it is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Quote from: wade on April 10, 2009, 05:07:38 AM
they are all about their self fulfilling prophecy, eh.  I can only be decent for so long... lol.  in a month from now one of them will post a woe unto me thread and that's when I will have no mercy, why wouldn't I?

*shrugs*
meh

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Pēleus on September 22, 2010, 01:13:26 AM
they are all about their self fulfilling prophecy, eh.  I can only be decent for so long... lol.  in a month from now one of them will post a woe unto me thread and that's when I will have no mercy, why wouldn't I?

*shrugs*
meh

difference being, of course, that Wade never really contributed much of any lasting value, whereas i like to think i did, once. that was before New Wave Discordia gripped PD, though. back when ideas either stood or fell on their own, when projects rolled out because there was no way to stop them once they started. back before PD became too big for its fucking britches, where PD culture was just what happened because it happened, not like now, where PD culture is what happens because nothing else is happening.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

I think generalizing about a highly multifarious group is fraught with projection and confirmation bias.

What do you want to see happen instead of what you're observing?

Vex, you're one of my favorite posters, please get some sleep, take a dump, eat some good food, have some wild monkey-sex, and get in the back of the van.

the last yatto

Id say I agree with you as wade was more of a wife beater, while vex just seems to be the drunk at the bar going on and on about how his wife left him
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: vexati0n on September 22, 2010, 01:22:06 AM

difference being, of course, that Wade never really contributed much of any lasting value, whereas i like to think i did, once. that was before New Wave Discordia gripped PD, though. back when ideas either stood or fell on their own, when projects rolled out because there was no way to stop them once they started. back before PD became too big for its fucking britches, where PD culture was just what happened because it happened, not like now, where PD culture is what happens because nothing else is happening.

Yeah, you have contributed some really cool stuff, but now you're just being an ass.

Sorry the rest of the people here aren't providing proper entertainment that's up to your standards, m'lord.

I'm going to say to you the same thing I've said to everyone else bitching and moaning that the board isn't giving them the content they're after:

We're in a fucking recession. It's fall. Life is hard. People are struggling, people are trying to juggle school and work and bills and families. There just isn't TIME, or, in many cases, energy for everyone to come together in a glorious orgasm of synergistic creativity right now, so quit bitching that the whole rest of the world isn't devoting itself to creating the change that you want to see.

Do it for your own fucking self, and if you do a good enough job maybe a few other people who have the luxury of devoting time to nonessentials will join you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Jesus fucking christ.

Vex, I like you. I like Dok.

But stop being a shithead.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: vexati0n on September 22, 2010, 01:22:06 AM
Quote from: Pēleus on September 22, 2010, 01:13:26 AM

*shrugs*
meh

If you have such disdain for everyone, why are you here?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

No, actually, you're just kind of dumb.  Or perhaps a little reading challenged.
Molon Lube

The Great Pope of OUTSIDE

Fuck you.

In fact,

No.

It's not that PD is some TGRR/Dok Personality Cult, although it's fairly easy to see where people get that misconception. It's that PD is an attraction point for naturally goofy, weird, outcast, socially inept people who think that maybe if they started talking to people like them, they might make a few friends, or they might accomplish something cool, or they might just have a way to escape the bullshit of in-crowds and cliques and Us vs Them that they get a head full of everywhere else. It's too bad that once they get here, they find out that this place is really just a circle jerk masquerading as a Discordian think tank, where what you get depends on who you know. Dok just happens to be the biggest target among those who enforce that order around here.

PS - Dok, that doesn't mean I'm calling you fat.

Fuck it all! I'm new here, and I want to make friends and be able to discuss ideas--are you saying I can't do that just because I'm new and don't know anyone here irl?! Fuck you!! Quit screwing around and creating shit where shit doesn't have to be created! It's hard enough trying to insert yourself into a group of people you think are cool and would like to be friends with, WITHOUT having them already fighting amongst themselves! You are being a bitch right now, and thank you SO MUCH for screwing around with people and saying things that just don't need to be said!

On a side note, thank you, Ne+@uNGr0+, for the baby meerkat picture. That, at least, is relatively satisfying.
There are times when I imagine God laughing until it cries, shouting, "I am going to fuck ALL your minds over, and you're going to pay me for it!"