News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

A few pet peeves

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 22, 2010, 07:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But feel free to keep on as if it's just you, if that makes you feel special and singled out. That way this thread can just turn into a pointless pissing match.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 09:43:54 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 09:06:49 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 09:05:14 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2010, 07:46:46 PM
"The forum is ruined" because:

1. "You people aren't doing anything awesome, and what you're doing instead is stupid and worthless."

2. "Nobody joined in my thread/project, so you guys are assholes and suck. I'm deleting what I posted and never posting anything again."

3. "It got quiet in here; I guess nobody cares/the board is dead."

meh, that shit's been annoying for years. It seems to be an embedded feature at this point.

It's just like the one liner thing, my shit gets jumped for it. Good thing my shoulders are slumped so hard that this shit just rolls off.

In all fairness, I didn't see your name mentioned in the OP. Nigel appears to be annoyed with everyone equally, which is as it should be.

No.  Nigel likes me.  :)
I like Nigel. :)
I love PD.

Jasper

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

:lulz: i find this thread hilarious

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Frederieke van Noodleberg on September 22, 2010, 10:11:50 PM
:lulz: i find this thread hilarious

:popcorn:

have some, I have more than I need.

now if there was only a cooler and a lawn chair smiley.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Nast

Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2010, 09:43:29 PM
But it's particularly rubbing me the wrong way right now because I ache all over, I've had one bad hit after another for the last couple of weeks, and for fuck's sake, I'm sick of being told I'm not doing it right/not doing enough. And there are other people here who are struggling harder than I am. We don't all have desk jobs, unemployment checks, or a bounty of time and energy to spend on the internet. WHEN WE DO, we will rejoice, and work on more cool projects and social justice etc.

But maybe all it means is that I should fuck off from the board until I have money and time enough to make myself valuable here.

I especially agree with the bolded part.

Also, I guess I don't really fit in with the typical PD spirit in that I neither like or thrive off of conflict. When the atmosphere is pissy or abrasive I don't like to post as much. Please feel free to laugh at me for preferring a kinder, gentler board.

I'm not here to change the world, I'm just here to hang out with a bunch of cool and smart people.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Salty

I'm with Nast on this. I appreciate what people say and think here and have no need for everything to be Profound or whatever.

This board is different than when I lurked and since I've been here. The reason for that is simple: it's a different board. Lots of people who used to post here don't and there's a crapton of new people, me being one of them.

It's just a different vibe, man.
           /
:hippie:

And you know it's still the only board I care to post on because it still maintains certain principles. Avoidance of the ban hammer, no censorship, honest (if scathing) feedback.
I still think this place is pretty bitchin'.

Even if no one cares much for my recent WOMPs.  :sad:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Elder Iptuous

I liked yer WOMPs!
they're a fine example of wompsmanship...

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on September 23, 2010, 12:52:26 AM
I'm with Nast on this. I appreciate what people say and think here and have no need for everything to be Profound or whatever.

This board is different than when I lurked and since I've been here. The reason for that is simple: it's a different board. Lots of people who used to post here don't and there's a crapton of new people, me being one of them.

It's just a different vibe, man.
           /
:hippie:

And you know it's still the only board I care to post on because it still maintains certain principles. Avoidance of the ban hammer, no censorship, honest (if scathing) feedback.
I still think this place is pretty bitchin'.

Even if no one cares much for my recent WOMPs.  :sad:

I thought turning me into a hooker for Jesus was pretty funny...
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Salty

Daww thanks guys. I guess I was just hoping for a bit of back and forth.

BATTLE!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on September 23, 2010, 01:00:13 AM
Daww thanks guys. I guess I was just hoping for a bit of back and forth.

BATTLE!

Oh, you'll get one coming, but I'm still recovering from my cold and don't feel particularly motivated to think up a womp at the moment.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on September 22, 2010, 09:55:30 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 09:43:54 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 09:06:49 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 09:05:14 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2010, 07:46:46 PM
"The forum is ruined" because:

1. "You people aren't doing anything awesome, and what you're doing instead is stupid and worthless."

2. "Nobody joined in my thread/project, so you guys are assholes and suck. I'm deleting what I posted and never posting anything again."

3. "It got quiet in here; I guess nobody cares/the board is dead."

meh, that shit's been annoying for years. It seems to be an embedded feature at this point.

It's just like the one liner thing, my shit gets jumped for it. Good thing my shoulders are slumped so hard that this shit just rolls off.

In all fairness, I didn't see your name mentioned in the OP. Nigel appears to be annoyed with everyone equally, which is as it should be.

No.  Nigel likes me.  :)
I like Nigel. :)
I love PD.

Awww. :)

You know, I really do like this place and the people here.

My pet peeves are what I said they are; peeves. They are getting on my nerves, and I'm kind of taking those comments personally because I KNOW I don't have the time, energy, or resources I once did to work on stuff here, or even to post here.

But it's the COMMENTS and the attitude that I hate, not the people who say them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

alty, i'll make some more attempts at WOMPing, and you can fill my cross hairs...
:evil:

Pope Pixie Pickle

LESS OF THAT GNOME SHIT THSI TIME!  :argh!:

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on September 23, 2010, 01:10:26 AM
LESS OF THAT GNOME SHIT THSI TIME!  :argh!:

quiet, you! lest i come up with even more unfortunate woodland lore to confuse you with!
i aint skeered of your rains!
:evil: