News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

A few pet peeves

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 22, 2010, 07:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I actually had a few friends get mad at me for taking this job, because improving my lot in life is not as important as me being around to entertain them all the time. :lulz:

Needless to say, they're not the first ones I call when I have time off.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 23, 2010, 11:05:02 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 23, 2010, 11:01:55 PM
I'm glad you're not mad at me!

One of my local friends is pissed at me because I haven't been hanging out with her. She says I'm ignoring her texts and phone calls. I tried to make plans to hang out with her, and she never replied. Another friend thinks that because I told her that I'm not free to go have coffee or chitchat during the day because I need to work, that means I don't want to talk to her anymore.

I'm like, man, yeah, I know I used to have a lot of free time. And money. But I don't anymore, and it sucks. I'm not doing it on purpose.

This seems to be the standard disconnect people have when dealing with the self-employed.  It's also one reason many people fail at being self-employed.  Without a boss to stand over them, they can't make themselves work.

And they assume that your schedule is flexible, though every successful self-employed person I know keeps a fairly rigid schedule, for the very purpose of avoiding excessive procrastination.

So, yeah, do what you gotta do.  I miss having you around as much, and I miss your writing, but you have to take care of business first. 

We'll still be here when your schedule clears.  At least I will.

Thanks! :)

I am hoping there is an end to this shit. Me and my former acolyte were talking about a couple years ago, when we couldn't make as many beads as people would buy, and could sell them for whatever we wanted. I doubt those days will return, but I'd be happy with a middle ground. This recession is fucked.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 23, 2010, 11:06:26 PM
I actually had a few friends get mad at me for taking this job, because improving my lot in life is not as important as me being around to entertain them all the time. :lulz:

I hear ya! Dude. That's just lame.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 23, 2010, 11:06:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztxypwgQjhI
"a good fight justifies any cause"

The Wizard

So the point of this thread was...?  :?
Insanity we trust.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 24, 2010, 12:19:45 AM
So the point of this thread was...?  :?

I don't know. What could the point of a thread in Apple Talk entitled "A few pet peeves" POSSIBLY be? It must be something, I don't know, deep and shrouded in mystery. It couldn't possibly be an Apple Talk thread venting a few pet peeves.

The Wizard

QuoteI don't know. What could the point of a thread in Apple Talk entitled "A few pet peeves" POSSIBLY be? It must be something, I don't know, deep and shrouded in mystery. It couldn't possibly be an Apple Talk thread venting a few pet peeves.

Okay, not trying to piss anyone off, but I just don't see the point of the arguing. You vented your peeves, Mission Accomplished, but after that there was a whole lot of bickering that could have really been avoided.
Insanity we trust.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, but this is PD. We don't avoid bickering, we embrace it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Wizard

Quoteyeah, but this is PD. We don't avoid bickering, we embrace it.

Okay, I get that. But It serves no purpose, usually the arguments are over nothing, and no one has any fun. We just angry with each other for no reason, and so time which could have been spent doing something meaningful or at least having fun, is spent shouting at one another. I just don't see the point.
Insanity we trust.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 24, 2010, 12:29:57 AM
QuoteI don't know. What could the point of a thread in Apple Talk entitled "A few pet peeves" POSSIBLY be? It must be something, I don't know, deep and shrouded in mystery. It couldn't possibly be an Apple Talk thread venting a few pet peeves.

Okay, not trying to piss anyone off, but I just don't see the point of the arguing. You vented your peeves, Mission Accomplished, but after that there was a whole lot of bickering that could have really been avoided.

In the future, I'll consult with you before answering any questions or replying to any posts. Please PM me your email address and phone number in case I need to make a quick decision and you're not logged in.

The Wizard

QuoteIn the future, I'll consult with you before answering any questions or replying to any posts. Please PM me your email address and phone number in case I need to make a quick decision and you're not logged in.

Okay, this was a mistake. I'm just propagating propagating the argument. I'm backing out, because this isn't going to be fun or useful.
Insanity we trust.

PixADoR

I like to think of it being a by-product of living in an increasingly chaotic society. I, for one, have found this topic to be most amusing. The creator does not have time to provide anything useful, yet has been here a good portion of the day attacking others IN BIG LETTERS, thereby engaging in the very same ideas proclaimed to be a pet-peeve.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 24, 2010, 12:44:44 AM
QuoteIn the future, I'll consult with you before answering any questions or replying to any posts. Please PM me your email address and phone number in case I need to make a quick decision and you're not logged in.

Okay, this was a mistake. I'm just propagating propagating the argument. I'm backing out, because this isn't going to be fun or useful.

I'm glad you were able to say so before backing out, so that everyone can see how reasonable and superior you are. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PixADoR on September 24, 2010, 12:46:39 AM
I like to think of it being a by-product of living in an increasingly chaotic society. I, for one, have found this topic to be most amusing. The creator does not have time to provide anything useful, yet has been here a good portion of the day attacking others IN BIG LETTERS, thereby engaging in the very same ideas proclaimed to be a pet-peeve.

On and off, pop-tart, for about 20 minutes total. It doesn't take as long for me to write short posts as it does for you to read them.

The Wizard

QuoteI'm glad you were able to say so before backing out, so that everyone can see how reasonable and superior you are.

Okay. I apologize. Not trying to impress anyone, just realized that it was a bad idea to post in the first place. Sorry.
Insanity we trust.