News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

I Wish I Was In Britain Right Now

Started by A.N. Other, March 03, 2009, 05:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mu

:lulz:

There are not many good things in Britain that there aren't better equivalents of in other countries...
"If the truth can be told, so as to be understood, it will be believed." - The Shamen, Re Evolution, 1992

Dysfunctional Cunt

There are good things in Britian......

Warm pubs with friendly people. 

Jammie Dodgers, Banoffee pie, Eccles cake......

Afternoon tea.

Y'all kept Madonna over there for us for a long damned time.  We appreciate that!

I'm still working on this, I haven't been over there in over 15 years so I have to think on it!!

bds

Even the pubs have started to die out.

Yeah, we're pretty much fucked.

Cain

Quote from: K-Bitch on March 03, 2009, 03:42:54 PM

Warm pubs with warm beer

Jammie Dodgers, Banoffee pie, Eccles cake......all of which can be cooked better by the French

Afternoon tea with tea from India.

Y'all kept Madonna over there for us for a long damned time.  We appreciate that!  You can have her back

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on March 03, 2009, 04:07:31 PM
Quote from: K-Bitch on March 03, 2009, 03:42:54 PM

Warm pubs with warm beer

Jammie Dodgers, Banoffee pie, Eccles cake......all of which can be cooked better by the French

Afternoon tea with tea from India.

Y'all kept Madonna over there for us for a long damned time.  We appreciate that!  You can have her back

Aw come on now Cain, the people in pubs are so much nicer over there.

I would have to communicate with french people to eat french food in France.  I don't care how good they cook, it's not quite worth it!  :sad:

Tea is from India for everywhere..... come on   :mrgreen:

We'll take Madonna back and you can have that Spice girl chick back ok?  But wait, we'll keep the soccer husband.

I know you could (if you were so inclined) come up with probably 50 good things about Britian.  Couldn't you?

Cain

Hold on, I'm just copying and pasting "at least its not Liberia" 50 times, then I'll be right back with you...

A.N. Other

Quote from: anthraxcat on March 03, 2009, 07:57:50 AM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 03, 2009, 07:19:28 AM
Quote from: Squid-diddle on March 03, 2009, 06:16:35 AM
wtf do free books in Brittan have to do with any american stereotype
The person who made the thread is American. She wishes she is in Britain, because of the free books and ask God why. The reason she is not there is because God finds the stupid American stereotype hilarious, and wants to keep it alive.

She's a he, but thanks anyway.
"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

Jenne

Quote from: Mu on March 03, 2009, 01:12:01 PM
:lulz:

There are not many good things in Britain that there aren't better equivalents of in other countries...

Yes, I think this can apply most aptly to just about any country.  JUST ABOUT, since there are some places you have to look REALLY hard for good equivalents.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 03, 2009, 12:52:49 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 03, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

In fact, it would be shorter to draw up a list of why anyone should want to live in the UK, which would go: sometimes free books are given away, and, because I'm here.

And St John's Restaurant.

http://www.foodtourist.com/ftguide/Content/I2052.htm

What do you recommend?

I'm actually fairly close to St John's, and open to suggestions.

LMNO

Roasted bone marrow, head cheese, trotters, and any fresh seafood, for starters.

This would also be the perfect opportunity to eat parts of an animal you've never thought about eating, and be confident that you're getting the right preparation for it.  Adventure is the keyword.

BadBeast

Bollocks. You rebel colonists! You all secretly want to be welcomed back into the bosom of Empire! Fucked that one up, dincha?
"You Ponce, you slag, pop it in the ugly bag"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxGxbBUWPU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLph6ePNkGQ&ob=av2e
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 14, 2011, 01:54:51 PM
Roasted bone marrow, head cheese, trotters, and any fresh seafood, for starters.

This would also be the perfect opportunity to eat parts of an animal you've never thought about eating, and be confident that you're getting the right preparation for it.  Adventure is the keyword.

Excellent.  I'll be sure to give it a try, at some random point (I'm still coming to terms with the amount of places in London that deliver, and working through them).

BadBeast

Jellied Eels delivered to your doorstep at 3 am, by Mikey the Pikey?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Triple Zero

Roasted bone marrow sounds pretty good btw.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BadBeast

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 18, 2011, 10:04:33 AM
Roasted bone marrow sounds pretty good btw.
Hot lamb or goat bones full of marrow take some beating.