News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

OK, fuckers, this recipe will get you laid

Started by East Coast Hustle, December 15, 2010, 12:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hipster on December 15, 2010, 12:40:54 PM
Quote from: Rumckle on December 15, 2010, 05:53:57 AM
That sounds/looks great ECH, I'll ahve to try it when I get a chance. However, is prosciutto an acceptable substitute for pancetta? Because my fridge is much more likely to contain prosciutto

Quote from: East Coast Hipster on December 15, 2010, 12:50:08 AM
Actually, fuck you. Go get some fucking pancetta. Or go to McDonalds if you can't be arsed to do this right.

Also, "prosciutto" is just the Italian word for "ham". In English it usually refers to dry-cured ham. Pancetta is dry-cured in a particular way with spices or something.

In other similar news, "barista" is simply the Italian word for "bartender", not "professional coffee artiste" or whatever.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Pancetta is basically bacon that comes from the belly of the pig and is rolled up pinwheel-style.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

But it's cured, not smoked, right?

Oh, hell.  Back after a google.

[Edit]Ok. Usually, bacon is smoked, and pancetta is not.  Usually.[/Edit]

Whatever

I would have sex for a plate of this!!!

:fap:

No clue where I might find decent tomatos this time of year, but by god I'm on a search for them.

Suu

...I'm still seeing tomatoes in the grocery store.

Sure they probably were grown in Mexico and are covered in pesticides...but they look alright.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

those will work, but really this dish demands an heirloom variety that actually, y'know, tastes like tomato.

The tomatoes you buy in the supermarket might as well be reddish cardboard mush. Hell, you can buy canned San Marzano tomatoes that are MUCH better than the fresh crappy ones in the supermarket.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Whatever

Quote from: Suu on December 15, 2010, 05:27:17 PM
...I'm still seeing tomatoes in the grocery store.

Sure they probably were grown in Mexico and are covered in pesticides...but they look alright.

I bought some that looked beautiful this past weekend at the grocery store.  They were mealy and just ewww with no real taste to them at all.  The farmer's market will have greenhouse produce in a week or two!!  Once that happens I'll be back in business.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hipster on December 15, 2010, 12:41:59 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 15, 2010, 07:31:51 AM
I wonder if Whole Foods has pancetta? It's near my house. I know I can get it down on Miss but I don't like to go there.

The one on Division does (as does any other Whole Foods I've been in) so I would assume that the one near you has it as well. They usually even have the real stuff, not that pre-diced crap that comes in a plastic package.

Sweet. Maybe I'll make this on Sunday.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

QuoteDo not be a fucking ass polyp and try to use half & half or soymilk or some shit. Are you trying to be healthy or are you trying to make food that will get your penis touched by strangers?

I would totally touch your penis in pleasurable ways for some of this. I will have to see if the girlfriend can make this. Although . . . the red pepper flakes are a no-go. I can't eat anything that spicy. Neither can the boyfriend, I believe. But . . . I know where to get the pancetta! :D I sell it daily at Job #2.*

* This is my reason for not giving up and going to McDonald's. McDonald's is horrible. I'd rather eat Elmer's Glue.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Publix sells pancetta, if you have those.
Small farmers markets have the best tomatoes. They all look like they were grown in someone's yard.
Why are those noodles pissing me off??
Every time I look at em... I get mad. What the hell?
They're cooked to what looks like a perfect al dente.
Is it the box thing that gets me? Am I stuck up? Oh god.... am I "one of those"?
Otherwise that shit looks damn tasty.

East Coast Hustle

well obviously if you have the means and inclination to use fresh pasta you should do so.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't stop being amused by your noodle rage.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I can't stop this noodle rage!!
Why the hell?

Jesus. I don't understand how a Floridian backwoods broke ass half redneck swamp dweller can get so mad at boxed noodles.

I seriously wanna scrape the fine meal off the top of them and punch them into a fine paste.
LOL a fine pasta. Pasta paste.
Fucking GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW!!!

Nast

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on December 20, 2010, 05:28:58 PM
I can't stop this noodle rage!!
Why the hell?

Jesus. I don't understand how a Floridian backwoods broke ass half redneck swamp dweller can get so mad at boxed noodles.

I seriously wanna scrape the fine meal off the top of them and punch them into a fine paste.
LOL a fine pasta. Pasta paste.
Fucking GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW!!!

:aww:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus