News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Natto! A Food Report

Started by Nast, September 26, 2010, 06:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanni

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 06, 2010, 07:14:37 AM
Quote from: Nast on October 06, 2010, 06:30:28 AM
But now you're going to have craaaaazy cheese dreams!

I wish this worked on me.  No amount of cheese and wine give me weird dreams.

I get weird dreams after eating Cadbury chocolate- only takes a square or two 10 minutes before I go to bed.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 06, 2010, 07:14:37 AM
Quote from: Nast on October 06, 2010, 06:30:28 AM
But now you're going to have craaaaazy cheese dreams!

I wish this worked on me.  No amount of cheese and wine give me weird dreams.

Fancy smelly cheese + fancy wine gave me a miniature asthma attack in the middle of the night, but no dreams.

Not much of a wine person, but I'll gobble all the stinky foot cheese I can stomach. Which is a lot.

Nast

Natto is beginning to grow on me. I had it on top of rice with dinner tonight and it wasn't totally unappetizing! In terms of condiments, I like it with spicy Chinese mustard. But it also needs something quite salty, I feel, to perk up the flavor - tamari rather than the regular soy sauce, in this case.

I found a recipes for natto spring rolls and the combination of the viscous natto with crisp lettuces sounds oddly appealing. I'll have to try it one of these days.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am impressed with your natto staying power.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."